• 32(current)
Release Aeon TAJO - Matrix
(2022-06-30, 17:07)TimeZone Wrote: Sorry but this community cannot help you with this issue. Why? Because the add-on in question, "Promise" is not allowed in this forum.

It seems we suddenly have another moderator on the forum...?
(2022-06-30, 16:57)Dangelus Wrote:
(2022-06-30, 16:17)alprio Wrote: I use the promise add-on with aeon Tajo.

We don't want to know about the piracy addons you have installed, please refrain from mentioning them on this forum.

As you are new here please familiarise yourself with our Forum Rules, piracy policy and why we don't discuss Banned Add-ons (wiki) here.

thank you and sorry for that.
I am not sure how to interpret this.

Only moderators are supposed to tell new users of banned add-ons or forum rules?

It seems like I need to re-read the forum rules myself.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
My post arrived a little late after the moderator had posted but when I was posting I didn't see the post from moderator otherwise there was no need of me informing the OP when they were already warned
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
(2022-06-30, 17:33)TimeZone Wrote: My post arrived a little late after the moderator had posted but when I was posting

Only by 10 minutes! Smile

(2022-06-30, 17:07)TimeZone Wrote: "Promise" is not in the list because the list is not exhaustive of all add-ons under the sun but
It is now.

(2022-06-30, 17:28)TimeZone Wrote: Only moderators are supposed to tell new users of banned add-ons or forum rules?
No, but you're about the only forum user (as in non-moderator) who did it quite so extensively. I guess it was a bit of a shock.
(2022-06-30, 16:34)alprio Wrote: If I choose greek language it shows , squares.
Either interface or movies information.
You have to select the font Arial Unicode, going to Settings - Interface...

If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I use this skin on all my devices. Unfortunately on Amazon firestick it seems that it's easy to loose some of the customisations I've made. I keep losing the amended main menu items (Live TV renamed to Telly etc) and hidden sections (Games, Pictures etc) are enabled again. Could someone tell me where these customisations are saved? I plan to take a copy to restore the next time the loss happens.

Many thanks to whoever replies and to manfeed for producing my favourite skin.
Not completely sure, but you could try making a copy of the folder:

userdata\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts 

...and overwrite that folder with the copy whenever you lose your customization. I don't know where that folder is found in your device, since it depends on the O.S.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2022-07-23, 18:23)sonofdibnah Wrote: I use this skin on all my devices. Unfortunately on Amazon firestick it seems that it's easy to loose some of the customisations I've made. I keep losing the amended main menu items (Live TV renamed to Telly etc) and hidden sections (Games, Pictures etc) are enabled again. Could someone tell me where these customisations are saved? I plan to take a copy to restore the next time the loss happens.

PARTIALLY SOLVED:

I'm posting this in case anyone else has this problem. The skin isn't the problem - it's something specific to the firestick although I can't work out what exactly causes it. Randomly, after proper shutdown, Kodi restartts with the default Aeon Tajo settings.xml.

To get round this I have saved my customised settings.xml (Profile directory>addon_data>skin.aeon.tajo) elsewhere. When I loose them, I switch to another skin, copy the saved version back and then change back to Aeon Tajo. All of this can be done using Kodi Filemanager.

I
(2022-07-23, 18:23)sonofdibnah Wrote: I use this skin on all my devices. Unfortunately on Amazon firestick it seems that it's easy to loose some of the customisations I've made. I keep losing the amended main menu items (Live TV renamed to Telly etc) and hidden sections (Games, Pictures etc) are enabled again. Could someone tell me where these customisations are saved? I plan to take a copy to restore the next time the loss happens.

PARTIALLY SOLVED:

I'm posting this in case anyone else has this problem. The skin isn't the problem - it's something specific to the firestick although I can't work out what exactly causes it. Randomly, after proper shutdown, Kodi restartts with the default Aeon Tajo settings.xml.

To get round this I have saved my customised settings.xml (Profile directory>addon_data>skin.aeon.tajo) elsewhere. When I loose them, I switch to another skin, copy the saved version back and then change back to Aeon Tajo. All of this can be done using Kodi Filemanager.

I
Sorry about the double post
Hello,

I am using Kodi on a Fire Stick and have installed the Aeon Tajo skin. I was wondering if there was a way to download different backgrounds and use them with this skin. Mainly for the submenus and stuff.

I was also wondering if it was possible to change the loading image that is displayed.

No big deal either way, just didn’t know if I was missing something. I’m still a “newish” user so I apologize if these are dumb questions.

Thanks in advance!
(2022-08-15, 03:40)K1NGP1N Wrote: I was wondering if there was a way to download different backgrounds and use them with this skin. Mainly for the submenus and stuff.

There is a way to set background images only for the main menus not submenus and "stuff". Go to Settings > Setup Main Menu then choose the menu whose background you wish to change, say Movies, then select Set Item Background and choose Set single Image background or set Multi-image background. Whichever you choose, it will open file manager for you to point it to where your images/backgrounds are stored in the firestick.

The tricky part: Does firestick have a File manager? Does it allow you to save files such as pictures into the device's internal storage? I don't have a firestick but you need to have a way to save the images in the firestick in order to use them.
(2022-08-15, 03:40)K1NGP1N Wrote: I was also wondering if it was possible to change the loading image that is displayed.
There are two possible things you mean here, either Kodi's Splash screen (start up image with matrix symbols for Kodi 19) or the Skin's Splash screen (which is a video for Aeon Tajo). If you mean Kodi's splash screen, then no, you can't change that but you can remove it completely. See wiki here
If on the other hand you mean the Skin's Splash screen then you can replace that video with another one of your own, which still circles back to: Can you access the skin folder via File manager in Firestick?
(2022-08-15, 08:46)TimeZone Wrote:
(2022-08-15, 03:40)K1NGP1N Wrote: I was wondering if there was a way to download different backgrounds and use them with this skin. Mainly for the submenus and stuff.

There is a way to set background images only for the main menus not submenus and "stuff". Go to Settings > Setup Main Menu then choose the menu whose background you wish to change, say Movies, then select Set Item Background and choose Set single Image background or set Multi-image background. Whichever you choose, it will open file manager for you to point it to where your images/backgrounds are stored in the firestick.

The tricky part: Does firestick have a File manager? Does it allow you to save files such as pictures into the device's internal storage? I don't have a firestick but you need to have a way to save the images in the firestick in order to use them.
(2022-08-15, 03:40)K1NGP1N Wrote: I was also wondering if it was possible to change the loading image that is displayed.
There are two possible things you mean here, either Kodi's Splash screen (start up image with matrix symbols for Kodi 19) or the Skin's Splash screen (which is a video for Aeon Tajo). If you mean Kodi's splash screen, then no, you can't change that but you can remove it completely. See wiki here
If on the other hand you mean the Skin's Splash screen then you can replace that video with another one of your own, which still circles back to: Can you access the skin folder via File manager in Firestick?

Thank you for the reply.

It sounds like I need to find a way to transfer pictures/backgrounds on to the Fire Stick itself. I saw you can search for an image externally. I just saw that you could down skin backgrounds from the Kodi Repo, but I didn’t know if those could be used or applied to this skin.

Here is the photo or fanart I am referring to after clicking on Movies or TV Shows for example. I didn’t know if this was customizable or not?

Thanks again!

(2022-08-15, 15:25)K1NGP1N Wrote: Here is the photo or fanart I am referring to after clicking on Movies or TV Shows for example. I didn’t know if this was customizable or not?

No, sorry, that image is not customizable.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon TAJO - Matrix0