v18 Remote control recomendations
I'm running a RPi 4 with LibreELEC and Kodi 18.6 installed and I've been using Kore on my phone as a remote control, which works OK, but not when I receive a call while watching a show.  I'd like to get a remote to use but am having some trouble discerning which is best for my configuration.  FWIW, this is all connected to a Yamaha sound system and Samsung SmartTV that's about 3.5 years old.  I've tried to figure out how to use HDMI-CEC to get the TV remote to work with Kodi, but to no avail.

So, what would be my best choice at a reasonable price for a remote to operate Kodi?

Thanks
Bill Lugg
From the START HERE sticky thread....

WARNING ! - All MINIX remotes are now NOT recommended, unless you want to get really annoyed with broken functionality, see this post (click)
A popular, reliable 3rd party remote is the WeChip G20 (click). Plug it's mini USB RF dongle in and it just "works"
Also recommended is the G30S, that has Infra Red Learning, an Air Mouse and Voice search capabilities, see HERE (click) for details.

(2020-09-11, 05:13)wrxtasy Wrote: From the START HERE sticky thread....

WARNING ! - All MINIX remotes are now NOT recommended, unless you want to get really annoyed with broken functionality, see this post (click)
A popular, reliable 3rd party remote is the WeChip G20 (click). Plug it's mini USB RF dongle in and it just "works"
Also recommended is the G30S, that has Infra Red Learning, an Air Mouse and Voice search capabilities, see HERE (click) for details.

Thanks for pointing me to the information.  It's a bit frustrating - I did multiple searches of the forum using the word "remote" and I never ran across this post.

Bill Lugg
I'm using an Orbsmart AM-1 and can recommend it, i am pretty satisfied with it.
Sometimes KODI recognizes double-presses from the keyboard, but i blame that more on the hardware.
There is now an AM-1 Pro Model, i'll probably get that once my AM-1 dies.

The 5 orange buttons at the top are "learnable" (?) from other remotes.
My setup:
  • POWER top left - powers up KODI box
  • SET top right - powers up AVR (learned from AVR remote)
  • ... left - KODI command: show playlist
  • SOURCE middle - KODI command: stop playback (since remote has no dedicated Stop button)
  • []◄ right - KODI command: go fullscreen

The last 3 commands/binds i mostly use for music playback.
Some buttons i bound to specific commands using the "Keymap Editor" addon, which is imho essential for a good KODI experience.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Logitech harmony 650 here, with a Microsoft MCE receiver. Works perfectly, and controls all my other devices.

Thinking about getting a Flirc USB adapter to remove one more long wire.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control recomendations0