v18 peripheral.joystick - gamecube usb driver problems (analog sticks only)
When i try to use my analog sticks everything just goes plain wrong, i can set them up in kodi, but after doing that it keeps going everywhere (movement keeps triggering).

When i change my pov amount in vjoy something more particular happens. Changed aren't saved anymore and each time i setup kodi i've to redo the configuration as it sees a new gamepad (thru likely difference between hatcount which it thou doesn't save). In this can't save state a MIRACLE happens. Both analog sticks work just perfect.

As result my conclusion is the next:
Kodi is very well capable of supporting this game controller, when u don't save it actually works splendid. But when u save kodi changes something in it's approach towards the game controller and it's all over. Btw this problems only address to the 2 analog sticks, the other buttons and slides just work perfectly. For now my solution is to just not use the analog sticks. But i really would like to so that i can use my analog stick for saturn emulation within kodi.
(2020-09-11, 18:48)KillerSkunk Wrote: When i try to use my analog sticks everything just goes plain wrong, i can set them up in kodi, but after doing that it keeps going everywhere (movement keeps triggering).

When i change my pov amount in vjoy something more particular happens. Changed aren't saved anymore and each time i setup kodi i've to redo the configuration as it sees a new gamepad (thru likely difference between hatcount which it thou doesn't save). In this can't save state a MIRACLE happens. Both analog sticks work just perfect.

As result my conclusion is the next:
Kodi is very well capable of supporting this game controller, when u don't save it actually works splendid. But when u save kodi changes something in it's approach towards the game controller and it's all over. Btw this problems only address to the 2 analog sticks, the other buttons and slides just work perfectly. For now my solution is to just not use the analog sticks. But i really would like to so that i can use my analog stick for saturn emulation within kodi.

Turned out it went wrong with me not disabling theunused ports of my wii-u gamecube adapter. The behaviour seen in kodi is a succesor of this.
The unused channels are listened to by kodi and as resutl above stuff happens. Mame and such emulators aren't trouble by this cause they let u select data per joystick instead of allowing them all. Cause of this i now do have a workaround to use it in kodi succesfull as well, by disabling/enabling channels i plugin with my joystick or not.
For my case this means best scenario, the driver of the thing gets upgraded and start mounting dismounting the vjoy when he actually detects the cube controller.

Kodi wise, i think this issue is bigger. I believe other users with other setups but somehow with things next to their device to use are faulty can run into same mysterious problems. An is found joystick actually also a valid joystick test sounds as best solution to me. This way misbehaving devices u don't want to use for kodi don't get in the way of u using the product.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
peripheral.joystick - gamecube usb driver problems (analog sticks only)0