Strange behavior of LanguageInvoker with Netflix + Kodi MySQL + Samba + Play music
I ask for help to Kodi devs,

I have an user that every time try to play music from samba
the CPU spikes to over 100% for about 15s
this only when Netflix addon is installed (also without login)

The configuration is:
Linux Ubuntu
Kodi 18 or also 19, with MySQL server
Add music via Samba, about 30k tracks
Netflix add-on installed (login not needed)

The steps are:
- Open Kodi music library -> and play music by select the "Songs" menu

I personally can not reproduce the problem perhaps because i have only 2.500 songs and not 30.000

i do not know how to deal with this situation
because the Netflix add-on service is never called in none of the cases,
and the service is always in idle because has noop when not in playback
i have tried to add a lot of debug point as confirm

the only thing i thought is kodi python thread management,
NF addon service have 3 threads, where on each thread live an http server
but also keep only two threads/server the situation no change.

We have seen that one LanguageInvoker thread is the cause of this 15secs of 100% CPU usage
but we do not know to which component is referred to

We have more debug logs in this Issue thread:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...issues/859

How can you understand more?
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
i report new tests from the user:

I investigated some more. I tried the same on my Windows 10 notebook with the same type of results. Observations:
It does not matter if kodi is run on Windows or Ubuntu (tried on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04)
It does not matter if the music library is stored locally or on a samba share (tried with an external usb hdd with the exact same library).
It does not matter if the music database is stored in the local kodi settings folder or in a mysql database.
It does matter how large the playlist is you start playback from (400 songs in the database give no problems, 6583 songs shows high cpu usage for a second or two, 25k songs gives unusable behaviour because of high cpu load for more than 30s. If you first select a specific artist (leading to less tracks in the playlist) no increase in CPU is observed).
It does matter if you install the netflix addon (without the netflix addon no increase in cpu usage is observed. Also when you install the netflix addon but disable it (leaving all the dependencies enabled), no increase in cpu is observed).
It does not matter if you configure the netflix addon or not (I tried both with logged in netflix addon and without any configuration change after installing the addon).
It does not matter if you use Kodi 18.8 or Kodi 19 Alpha1 (with the appropriate netflix addon for that kodi version).

seem that the only relevant thing is the number of audio tracks
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
UPDATE:
Found the problem, is related to the xbmc.Monitor notifications
is not specifically related to NF addon
but to all addons/scripts that use a xbmc.Monitor onNotification method

Opened the issue here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/18437

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange behavior of LanguageInvoker with Netflix + Kodi MySQL + Samba + Play music0