Netflix addon using NFAuthenticationKey
Hi,

I did a search on NFAuthenticationKey in the forum and didn't come up with much so hoping someone has same problem. I've installed the Netflix add-on on my LibreElec KODI install. Tried the login with email/password but it fails. Login works on the same network from my laptops browser. The KODI add-on asks if I want to use the NFAuthenticationKey option, yet I don' t quite understand how to use it. From the little info I found, it seems like you need a Windows install that generate some sort of certificate + PIN that you then use on the KODI machine (RasPi3 in my case).

Has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks
(2020-09-12, 15:31)trilobite Wrote: Hi,

I did a search on NFAuthenticationKey in the forum and didn't come up with much so hoping someone has same problem. I've installed the Netflix add-on on my LibreElec KODI install. Tried the login with email/password but it fails. Login works on the same network from my laptops browser. The KODI add-on asks if I want to use the NFAuthenticationKey option, yet I don' t quite understand how to use it. From the little info I found, it seems like you need a Windows install that generate some sort of certificate + PIN that you then use on the KODI machine (RasPi3 in my case).

Has anyone been successful with this?

Thanks

I thought I would give you an update. After a few attempts, I worked out why it wasn't working. The most important thing is that you following this guide. A few things I discovered is that when you try to run the python script on Debian Buster you it won't work with Python 2.7 but it will work with the latest Python 3.

Once it creates the NFAuthentication.key file, be sure to copy it over to your KODI device (i'm using LibreElec) and make sure it is on the SD card (i copied over on to the /storage folder). If you leave it on the USB key as I did. he plugin will refuse to work.

The plugin will ask you in order: location of the *.key file, the PIN (which you get from the script) and the password. You will get a message from the plugin saying that the login was successful. You cant then start browsing the catalogue. Note that when you click on your fist movie, it will ask you to download a 611MB binary blob which you have to do as it all the DRM stuff that allows you to watch the movies.

So far so good as I watched my first movie last night. KODI on a Pi(3) is slow as the author acknowledges (I had to educe screen resolution to stop severe frame loss) so now its time for my first Pi(4). I think the plugin allows you to cache the Netflix catalogue which is the next thing I needs to explore as it's quite painful to wait for all the content to load every time you change category.

Enjoy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix addon using NFAuthenticationKey0