Strange behaviour with brightness/contrast and the MEdiacodec Surface
Hello,

Just got the T95, H616 cpu, mali G31 graphics streamer and having some issues I'm happy to have this forum for possible help.
But first this problem.
As suggested I disabled the MEdiacodec Surface to get the brightness/contrast options and video played well and was able to adjust them.
After a few uninstallings and installings of Kodi for other reasons I'n now unable to see video picture when the codec is disabled, only sound playing.
As I said this used to work fine and I do need the brightness/contrast options available.
Anyone has an idea why now the video is playing a s I described? Anything else I can do?
Thx.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Here's the log URL. Thanks for your help.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ejudetoqaw

Again ran a video (from connected USB disk) and again only sound, no picture.
Anyone?
Last try, probably, to get help on this matter.
Any would be welcomed.
(2020-09-12, 19:09)CapHHH Wrote: Hello,

Just got the T95, H616 cpu, mali G31 graphics streamer and having some issues I'm happy to have this forum for possible help.
But first this problem.
As suggested I disabled the MEdiacodec Surface to get the brightness/contrast options and video played well and was able to adjust them.
After a few uninstallings and installings of Kodi for other reasons I'n now unable to see video picture when the codec is disabled, only sound playing.
As I said this used to work fine and I do need the brightness/contrast options available.
Anyone has an idea why now the video is playing a s I described? Anything else I can do?
Thx.

Sorry, did not see your post for long time. Yes, Mediacodec without Surface is broken in 18.7 and 18.8. We fixed it recently in Version 19.

As we currently don't plan further v18 releases, please give v19 a test. Remember to backup your stuff as v19 has new DB scheme.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Big Grin 
Glad to hear that, fritsch. I will try 19. Thx  Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange behaviour with brightness/contrast and the MEdiacodec Surface0