Broken PVR clients for Silicon Dust
Hello,
What PVR clients work with Kodi v18.8 and a DH home run tuner??
Tried using Media Portal v3.5.18 and the HD Home Run PVR client - Neither would run when I hit the Run button and KODI  froze up with Media Portal.
All of this computer stuff is too confusing!
You don't hit the Run.  If the addon loads you will have listings in TV and possibly Radio.  Go back to the basic client and give that a go.

Martin
(2020-09-15, 17:12)emveepee Wrote: You don't hit the Run.  If the addon loads you will have listings in TV and possibly Radio.  Go back to the basic client and give that a go.

Martin
Do not see the EPG or any TV signal.  Acts like it cannot see the tuner.  Media Portal PVR client will not start Just keeps on spinning and stuck at 0%  was able to see the tuner before.  Now what?
If your issue is with MediaPortal or HDHomerRun  create another thread in their specific sub forum here including your debugs.  I don't use these but someone would be happy to help you get started on the NextPVR forum https://forums.nextpvr.com/ if you need a hand.  Typically we want you to get NextPVR working on its own before linking to Kodi.  Note that EPG and tuner set up is not as automatic like it is with the Silicon Dust Software so prepare for some setup time.  Also if you are in North America prepare to be disappointed with the OTA EPG data.

Martin
(2020-09-17, 05:30)emveepee Wrote: If your issue is with MediaPortal or HDHomerRun  create another thread in their specific sub forum here including your debugs.  I don't use these but someone would be happy to help you get started on the NextPVR forum https://forums.nextpvr.com/ if you need a hand.  Typically we want you to get NextPVR working on its own before linking to Kodi.  Note that EPG and tuner set up is not as automatic like it is with the Silicon Dust Software so prepare for some setup time.  Also if you are in North America prepare to be disappointed with the OTA EPG data.

Martin
Do I need Media Portal plus the Kodi plug-in for Media Portal?  Analog guy stuck in a digital world...
Yes which is why I suggested you try the basic pvr.hdhomerun.  If you do decide on a PVR you have lots of research to do before asking more questions.

Martin
(2020-09-17, 18:15)emveepee Wrote: Yes which is why I suggested you try the basic pvr.hdhomerun.  If you do decide on a PVR you have lots of research to do before asking more questions.

Martin
Trying to find one that does not require a subscription.
I will assume you are in North America.  Emby, Plex, Silicon Dust and Channels DVR require subscriptions.  Many of the choices working with Kodi don't.  If you are trying to find a way around using Schedules Direct EPG subscription I personally don't bother helping users since it isn't worth the support time trying to save someone a cup of coffee a month. The OTA guide is free.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR clients for Silicon Dust0