Some movies go strumbling with Kodi
Hi, I don't know if this is the forum for me but the following happens to me:

I have a Himedia UltraHD. All my original movies that I had on Blu-Ray and DVD I converted into MKV with the fabulous MakeMKV and transferred them to a Synology NAS with which it is connected by NFS.

In the Himedia the KODI V.18.8-Leia is updated. MKV from DVD looks fine. Most Blurays (20-30Gb) the picture rattles a bit in panning and scrolling but it can be held. But there are some specific blurays that go strumbling, like stay in slow motion and every 20 seconds the bottom menu bar of Kodi appears and jumps to another scene, as if refreshing. He does it with certain movies. 4K and HD movies ripped with compression look good. The problem is with Blu-rays.

I've followed tutorial tips for removing buffers, adding buffer adds-on, touching settings, and nothing. Still the same. I have reset Himedia, I have reinstalled Kodi and nothing.

I have connected an old Mede8er I had to the NAS and they look perfect. I have connected a WD Hub Live TV and they look perfect.

Any ideas? Thanks!
(2020-09-16, 22:15)petitot Wrote: I have connected an old Mede8er I had to the NAS and they look perfect. I have connected a WD Hub Live TV and they look perfect.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Use the tools that work best for you, I always say. :-)

As far as the 'Himedia UltraHD" box goes, I have no idea what video chip is in there, but there is some incompatibility somewhere.
Since you have purchased that media player, have you tried getting a response from the box's manufacturer on this topic?

Perhaps you can start with provding a debug log (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some movies go strumbling with Kodi0