• 44(current)
Release TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper)
(2024-02-28, 15:03)sallenko Wrote: TMDB scraper scrapes episode 1, 2, 3 etc in that language. Would it be possible to add a second and sort of backup language from where to scrape the episode names from.
It's a TMDB problem. We have requested a fix for a few years, still waiting...
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/60020206...003ed9e30c
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-02-28, 15:03)sallenko Wrote: When scraping tv show episodes from TMDB in e.g. a language from the Nordic european countries (when no episode names have been given in that language on TMDB) TMDB scraper scrapes episode 1, 2, 3 etc in that language. Would it be possible to add a second and sort of backup language from where to scrape the episode names from.
For quite a few tv shows no episode names in the nordic language exist, i.e. the episode name is in English. However, we do often have translated show titles.

I takes a lot of time to just copy paste every english episode name on TMDB instead of scraping a second episode language.

I do believe that the TVDB scraper has had this functionality for quite some time. It would be much appreciated if a similar scraping functionality could be implemented on the TMDB scraper.

A very simple solution to your problem is to log in to TMDB and add the missing translations for your country.
The same applies to TVDB.
I've been doing it this way for years, and after 2 days at the latest, the data you updated is available via the API.
I have also done so for a couple of years as well, but it is getting quite tiering, especially when a solution would be quite simple. As always it is a priority. Hopefully it might get implemented some time this year.
(2024-02-28, 22:55)sallenko Wrote: I have also done so for a couple of years as well, but it is getting quite tiering, especially when a solution would be quite simple. As always it is a priority. Hopefully it might get implemented some time this year.
With all due respect, the solution is not simple.  The idea of the solution is simple, but the implementation is not.  I'm the only one maintaining this scraper, and I have a full time job and a family.  I will try and find some time to look at it, but what you want adds complexity to both the code and the UI for the scraper to solve a very specific desire.  If anyone wants to take a stab at a solution, I'd be happy to review a PR.  All the code is here:

https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.tvshows...org.python
(2024-02-29, 03:25)pkscout Wrote:
(2024-02-28, 22:55)sallenko Wrote: I have also done so for a couple of years as well, but it is getting quite tiering, especially when a solution would be quite simple. As always it is a priority. Hopefully it might get implemented some time this year.
With all due respect, the solution is not simple.  The idea of the solution is simple, but the implementation is not.  I'm the only one maintaining this scraper, and I have a full time job and a family.  I will try and find some time to look at it, but what you want adds complexity to both the code and the UI for the scraper to solve a very specific desire.  If anyone wants to take a stab at a solution, I'd be happy to review a PR.  All the code is here:

https://github.com/xbmc/metadata.tvshows...org.python

I actually did not refer your work but the changes that TMDB must perform with the API.

I do presume that you are correct regarding the amount of work. The idea is simple, but adds complexity to the scraper. Your voluntary work is very much appreciated, I did not mean to offend. I do not suggest trying to implement anything in the scraper before TMDB has done changes on their side. Unfortunately, at the moment it is not yet a prioritized issue for them.
Good morning,
Kodi 21, Aeon Nox Silvo 10.0.0 on Shield TV Pro.

Yesterday after updating to new skin version, got an error after initializing TV Show scraping with TMDB TV Show scraper.

Debug Log
(2024-04-16, 08:21)Little_goliath84 Wrote: Yesterday after updating to new skin version, got an error after initializing TV Show scraping with TMDB TV Show scraper.
Hello @Little_goliath84
Should be a simple fix.
The error is on line 600...
error <general>: [metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python (1.6.5)]: *** Unhandled exception detected: <class 'RuntimeError'> No TMDb TV show id found in episode guide, this show should be refreshed or rescraped ***

For Vikings.2013, simply delete the TV show from your library and scrape it again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thx will try
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDb TV Show scraper (Python - Default Matrix Scraper)0