Issues with latest update
(2020-10-01, 00:24)HiroProtagonist Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 09:25)wyrm Wrote: @HiroProtagonist 

Interesting turn of phrase there sport, where do you hail from?

Kiwi here, living the dream at level 1.

Editing DialogContextMenu.xml does the trick with "Add to Home Menu". Good to have that back.

The changes to Includes_Variables.xml and View-Video.xml were a bust though. I noticed 1) The recent movies display just shows icons rather than the usual poster display, & selecting 'TV Shows' [normally takes me to Library Titles] did nothing. Had to back out at that point due to shortage of time so didn't explore more. I can try again if you need more info [in the process of house renovation at present so my dev system isn't always accessible].

Regarding the recent display issue "Or finally, make a smart playlist that gives you a list you are after" I have no clue how to do this - never bothered with playlists before.

One other nice-to-have - is there any way to show the currently loaded profile?

BTW I'm running OSMC on a raspberry pi.

@HiroProtagonist,

Have sent you a PM, but will address some of above here. Think you miss understood me on the TVShows comment from previous post. Select ‘New TVShows’ from the TVShows shelf widget menu item from skins Widget settings tab. Might give you a TVShows shelf widget more to your liking.

Currently finishing up code to allow display of current profile name (think will only show if not Master profile) on home screen. Will default to off and setting will be in the screen setting menu of Profiles Setting screen. Or would you prefer I show the profile icon on this screen as it will make the home screens less cluttered?

Not sure why is happening, but have fixed shutdown menu issue EXCEPT for if you leave the menu with the back key. Using the mouse/touch close button works properly as dows scrolling left/right, up/down out of the menu.

Skin includes a number of precoded playlist in the /extras/playlists directory’s. They can be assigned to home menu items in the home menu customisation screen and can also be used as widgets in the widget skin settings menu. You can also make your own playlists, but I will leave that explanation for another time.

Would like to get 1.6.5 out fairly quickly, so trying to keep this as a bug stomp for the moment. Will certainly look at feature request for next release after this one.

Wyrm
Removed , posted in wrong thread.
Ok @HiroProtagonist ,@ontap  and anyone else that is interested,

Here is a link to a test version of upcomming V1.6.5. This is meant to be a bug fix version of V1.6.4 although I have added the ability to show profile name at top of Home screen.

Please test and report back if there are any remaining issues.

Wyrm
Will do .
I change the "action" on both Movies and TV Shows main menu so that I get the "common" category list , rather than the actual "titles" list. If you look at short video, you can see that when scrolling down list, the first two items and the last two items , scroll in what I would call "normal" way, but the items in between don't? is this because there are too many items in the list for the size of the panel ?

https://streamable.com/ju5ztn
(2020-10-12, 12:13)ontap Wrote: I change the "action" on both Movies and TV Shows main menu so that I get the "common" category list , rather than the actual "titles" list. If you look at short video, you can see that when scrolling down list, the first two items and the last two items , scroll in what I would call "normal" way, but the items in between don't? is this because there are too many items in the list for the size of the panel ?

https://streamable.com/ju5ztn
@ontap ,

this is how List view has worked for a very long time. Basically it scrolls down one item at a time until it gets to the third item, then it holds that position until the last part of the list. Then it scrolls down one item at a time until it reaches the end of the list. Designed to keep the focused item in the same position until the edges of the list. So not a bug but a feature.

Wyrm

PS, Nice video, might have to get you help to make a tutorial video for the skin. Is something I have wanted to include in the skin for a very long time.
Cheers, that explains it then. "bug less" so far.  Blush
Will load it up & test tonight.
(2020-10-12, 07:43)wyrm Wrote: Please test and report back if there are any remaining issues.
Have had a chance to give this a test-run.

The horizontal scrolling is working & is much better.
I have selected 'New TVShows' under widgets, but his still doesn't work like it used to - seems still to be some random selection of new-ish stuff. Can't it just display the most recent x TV shows?
There doesn't seem to be a corresponding 'New' option for Movies.

One of my boxes is showing the context menu OK, but one is doing something rather strange - I get an 'addon error' anywhere I ask for the context menu & the log says:
EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'plugin.program.super.favourites'. - I've never had superfavourites installed on that box. Context menu was working before I did the skin update.

Otherwise, looking good - thanks for all your work on this.
(2020-10-14, 00:28)HiroProtagonist Wrote: EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'plugin.program.super.favourites'. - I've never had superfavourites installed on that box. Context menu was working before I did the skin update.
Ignore this - looks like something else I was messing with installed some junk behind my back 8-(.
(2020-10-14, 00:28)HiroProtagonist Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 07:43)wyrm Wrote: Please test and report back if there are any remaining issues.
Have had a chance to give this a test-run.

The horizontal scrolling is working & is much better.
I have selected 'New TVShows' under widgets, but his still doesn't work like it used to - seems still to be some random selection of new-ish stuff. Can't it just display the most recent x TV shows?

One of my boxes is showing the context menu OK, but one is doing something rather strange - I get an 'addon error' anywhere I ask for the context menu & the log says:
EXCEPTION: Unknown addon id 'plugin.program.super.favourites'. - I've never had superfavourites installed on that box. Context menu was working before I did the skin update.

Otherwise, looking good - thanks for all your work on this.

For movie widgets , I did , skin playlist - recent. Am assuming that's recently added rather than recently watched ?
For TV Shows , yes like yourself , I didn't use recently added TV Shows , because it includes  a mixture of shows and episodes ?  rather than what the title says "Shows". I ended up using embuary helper and selecting "suggestions based on the last items watched" . I would have preferred "suggestions based on random genre" , am assuming it would throw up a different list each time you open kodi ? but for some reason it only listed 3 items ?
(2020-10-14, 12:16)ontap Wrote: For movie widgets , I did , skin playlist - recent. Am assuming that's recently added rather than recently watched ?

Yep recently added, if you want something like recently watched you can create your own playlist and then select it as 'user playlist'.
Release 1.6.4 has greatly expanded the widget capabilties, if you can make Kodi display a list to your liking, you can now use that list as a widget.

Quote:For TV Shows , yes like yourself , I didn't use recently added TV Shows , because it includes  a mixture of shows and episodes ?  rather than what the title says "Shows". I ended up using embuary helper and selecting "suggestions based on the last items watched" . I would have preferred "suggestions based on random genre" , am assuming it would throw up a different list each time you open kodi ? but for some reason it only listed 3 items ?

And again, Yep there are many ways to come up with something you want. Unfortunately, suggestions based on random genre to the best of my knowledge is not one of them. Kodi does not expose genres in a manner that allows scripts to do as you would prefer and pretty sure playlists does not allow that as well. Also to the best of my knowledge, Yes it can be a differnt list each time kodi is opened. As to the three items, yep see that here occationally, it's just whatever algorythm the script is using only finds three matching items in some instances.

So can I assume as far as you are concerned release 1.6.5 is good to submit to repo guardians?

Wyrm
(2020-10-14, 00:28)HiroProtagonist Wrote: I have selected 'New TVShows' under widgets, but his still doesn't work like it used to - seems still to be some random selection of new-ish stuff. Can't it just display the most recent x TV shows?

OK, give this a try:

1. Skin Settings/Widgets
  2. TV Shows
  3. Select 'Skin Playlist'
  4. Select 'video'
  5. Select 'RecentlyUpdatedTVShows.xsp'
  6. Replace 'Enter the new label' with whatever you want to see as label for shelf

Repeat above for Movies selecting appropriate .xsp file. Should be what you are looking for, if not let me know and I will explain how to make your own custom playlist that you can use instead.
Quote:Otherwise, looking good - thanks for all your work on this.

So good to go from you as well?

Wyrm
Yep, all good to go from me. Great stuff and thanks again for all your hard work.
(2020-10-14, 15:45)wyrm Wrote: OK, give this a try:

1. Skin Settings/Widgets
  2. TV Shows
  3. Select 'Skin Playlist'
  4. Select 'video'
  5. Select 'RecentlyUpdatedTVShows.xsp'
  6. Replace 'Enter the new label' with whatever you want to see as label for shelf

Repeat above for Movies selecting appropriate .xsp file. Should be what you are looking for, if not let me know and I will explain how to make your own custom playlist that you can use instead.

So good to go from you as well?
Movies is great now, shows the latest Movies added - exactly what I want.
TVShows still shows some sort of random mix of recent stuff & shows I've added months ago - not useful at all.

Also the 'display profile name' works a treat.
Good to go from me. The TVShow widget stuff is definitely affecting the SAF, but looks like that's out of your control.

Sorry it's taken while to respond - been busy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with latest update0