Ios 14 jailbreak ipad air2 black screen
(2020-09-29, 22:41)Setternixe Wrote:
(2020-09-29, 22:15)Piprider007 Wrote: I think i got a working solution here. After installing the Kodi 18.8 from Cydia, i code-sign the Kodi binary using ldid. got the idea from 17.6 thread.
so open terminal and go to /Application/Kodi.app and execute
Quote: 
ldid -S Kodi
More info here http://iphonedevwiki.net/index.php/Code_Signing
You can do this via putty.exe or any other remote terminal if you have access. I hope it works for other guys in the thread.
I wonder if the release can be fixed (if its possible), perhaps we are signing other binaries but not the main Kodi executable?

Hello, I just tried. I´m using a PC with putty. I just did "ldid -S Kodi", then I've got an erro "ldid.cpp(3029): _assert(): errno=2". Then I've tried the link. That means 1. apt-get ldid . At second "scp user@desktopTonguerogram ." Ok instead of Program I have to use Kodi, but what I've to write for user and desktop. Otherwise there will be an errror "ssh: Could not resolve hostname desktop: nodename nor servname provided, or not known".
Thanks for help!

Sorry the link is for Mac and it was just for reference purpose. i forgot to mention but i might have done the su first [dont think you need su so you can skip it]. So, try this, run all these commands on the device (using NewTerm(ios10-13)) or using putty connected to the device. [su/root password is alpine by default, i hope you change it]
su
cd /Applications/Kodi.app
ldid -S Kodi

if it still fails then post the screen of putty/terminal
This does work. It makes sense why it failed, now that I know this.

Also, the Cydia apt repo package file doesn't specify 18.8 as a valid option, so despite the deb existing it doesn't show up in the versions list.
(2020-09-29, 22:15)Piprider007 Wrote: I think i got a working solution here. After installing the Kodi 18.8 from Cydia, i code-sign the Kodi binary using ldid. got the idea from 17.6 thread.

Strange, because Kodi binary is already fake-signed in the deb file...
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2020-09-29, 23:57)mistercrazy8 Wrote: Also, the Cydia apt repo package file doesn't specify 18.8 as a valid option, so despite the deb existing it doesn't show up in the versions list.

Latest version available on BigBoss repo is 18.8-0 (Kodi-iOS (64-bit)). I just checked on my device.
Trying to keep Kodi working on tvOS on free time — Former developer of Catch-up TV & More video add-on (GitHub repoWebsite)
(2020-09-30, 11:30)sy6sy2 Wrote:

Strange, because Kodi binary is already fake-signed in the deb file...

You won’t believe the rabbit whole I went in, only to figure out it’s either simply the jailbreak issue or signing problem. I was able to pin point the line of code, reversed the binary, even patched the binary(foolishly), compare the code in IDA  and also on Github between 18.8 and 17.6 which only showed that this section of  code has not been changed between the versions. Then tried the ldid. I am sure the binary is faked signed in the deb, otherwise it wouldn’t have executed but perhaps the fake signature needs to updated? Not sure to be honest.
Hi @Piprider007,
Thank you very munch for your investigation.

According to what you say, it means that the ldid binary that we use to fake-sign our debs file is broken for iOS 14.
Also, as you can see here https://github.com/sbingner/ldid/pull/2, it seems that this PR fix this issue.

Nobody in the team have a jailbroken iOS 14 device, would you be ok to test a deb file if I try the last macOS ldid version in our buildchain?

Edit: If you are agree, can you try these steps:
  1. Uninstall Kodi from your device (from Cydia or whatever) your settings should be preserved
  2. Download this deb file (this is the official Kodi 18.8 deb file, the only thing I did is to re-fakesign the Kodi binary file with the latest ldid version from sbingner GitHub)
  3. Install this deb file from Filza or directly from any terminal with dpkg -i org.xbmc.kodi-ios_18.8-0_iphoneos-arm64-ldid-test.deb
  4. Check if Kodi is working

Thank you very munch!
(2020-10-06, 08:13)sy6sy2 Wrote: Hi @Piprider007,
Thank you very munch for your investigation.

According to what you say, it means that the ldid binary that we use to fake-sign our debs file is broken for iOS 14.
Also, as you can see here https://github.com/sbingner/ldid/pull/2, it seems that this PR fix this issue.

Nobody in the team have a jailbroken iOS 14 device, would you be ok to test a deb file if I try the last macOS ldid version in our buildchain?
Yeah will be glad to test it out.
Thank you. I posted the deb link in my previous message.
I can confirm it works well on iOS 13.3.1 checkra1n.
(2020-10-06, 11:05)sy6sy2 Wrote: Thank you. I posted the deb link in my previous message.
I can confirm it works well on iOS 13.3.1 checkra1n.

Thanks. Glad to confirm that all works fine. I uninstalled older copy and installed new one. Thanks a lot.
Thank you very munch for your test!
PR is open to fix this issue for future Kodi versions! --> https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18528
HI all, real fix of this issue is given here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2986409
Hi, i have still that problem. I use IPad air2 WiFi. iOS 14.2. Jaibreak with checkra1n. Please help me.
Hi, do you use Kodi 18.9-2 from Cydia/BigBoss repo?
Yes. I use Kodi from that.
Oh, so with @pixelrogue you are at least two people having the black screen issue on iPad and I am not able to reproduce the issue on iPhone Undecided
Is one of you able to install NewTerm and poste here the result of this command please? ldid -e /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ios 14 jailbreak ipad air2 black screen0