Almost perfect
It was set to "no." I toggled it yes/no, just in case, but it didn't help.

Thanks.
(2020-10-09, 21:45)DrXenos Wrote: It was set to "no." I toggled it yes/no, just in case, but it didn't help.

Thanks.
@DrXenos , do you update from GitHub or the Amber repo? I just pushed another fix to GitHub, but I do not want to commit it to the repo until I know that I really fixed the issue.  If you are comfortable with updating from GitHub, could you please download the skin from GitHub (Leia branch) and replace your skin files? And, of course, please let me know if this fixed the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-09, 22:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 21:45)DrXenos Wrote: It was set to "no." I toggled it yes/no, just in case, but it didn't help.

Thanks.
@DrXenos , do you update from GitHub or the Amber repo? I just pushed another fix to GitHub, but I do not want to commit it to the repo until I know that I really fixed the issue.  If you are comfortable with updating from GitHub, could you please download the skin from GitHub (Leia branch) and replace your skin files? And, of course, please let me know if this fixed the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I've been downloading from here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...skin.amber

Is that wrong?
(2020-10-09, 22:19)DrXenos Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 22:07)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I've been downloading from here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...skin.amber

Is that wrong?

No, not at all.  Don't woryy, I will update the latest fix to the Amber repo then.
@DrXenos , I think I finally got what the problem is.  If you are running Kodi 18.8, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  The one in the Kodi repo is not updated.  Please install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip), and update the addon from there.  The latest version of script.skinvariables is 0.2.4.  

Once you have updated to that version, please restart Kodi.  Now the change to simple list view type should work.  I do not have Android to test (you are using a Shield), but I just tested in LibreELEC and it works.  It was not working in LibreELEC either before I updated to the latest version of 0.2.4.  Please let me know if this does fix the issue once and for all.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I managed to get it working on my LE setup. I reinstalled Amber and just imported my skin settings and it worked perfectly. Thank you for your support.

Shedrock
(2020-10-09, 23:22)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I managed to get it working on my LE setup. I reinstalled Amber and just imported my skin settings and it worked perfectly. Thank you for your support.

Shedrock

@shedrock , thanks! I am glad it is working properly now.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-09, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote: @DrXenos , I think I finally got what the problem is.  If you are running Kodi 18.8, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  The one in the Kodi repo is not updated.  Please install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip), and update the addon from there.  The latest version of script.skinvariables is 0.2.4.  

Once you have updated to that version, please restart Kodi.  Now the change to simple list view type should work.  I do not have Android to test (you are using a Shield), but I just tested in LibreELEC and it works.  It was not working in LibreELEC either before I updated to the latest version of 0.2.4.  Please let me know if this does fix the issue once and for all.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
It still isn't working for me. I installed the add-on you referenced above, but it didn't help. It just made Kodi take an inordinately long amount of time to exit. So, I uninstalled it.

Oh well, thanks anyway.
(2020-10-10, 14:40)DrXenos Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote: @DrXenos , I think I finally got what the problem is.  If you are running Kodi 18.8, you need a recent version of the addon script.skinvariables.  The one in the Kodi repo is not updated.  Please install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip), and update the addon from there.  The latest version of script.skinvariables is 0.2.4.  

Regards,

Bart
It still isn't working for me. I installed the add-on you referenced above, but it didn't help. It just made Kodi take an inordinately long amount of time to exit. So, I uninstalled it.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

@DrXenos, there must be something else that I am not realizing. Could you please post here a Kodi debug log so I can take a look at what exactly is going on in your setup? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-10, 15:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 14:40)DrXenos Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote:  

Oh well, thanks anyway.

@DrXenos, there must be something else that I am not realizing. Could you please post here a Kodi debug log so I can take a look at what exactly is going on in your setup? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi folks, maybe something you can look at since I had similar problems with a couple plugins in the past that would throw errors.
I'm on Matrix, but it's something to look at one your unit maybe. 

The plugins were not downloading all the dependencies they require causing errors, and I had to go into that plugin dependency list and select the ones that didn't auto-download. This fixed the problems I had with some of the skin plugin's not working.

(note: this picture is an older one I had on hand just listing the missing dependency, and I don't know now what plugin it was from now)
Image[/img]
System 1: Ryzen 3400G, Gigabyte Mini ITX B450I - LibreELEC 11.x (Kodi 20 [Nexus]) - Skin: Amber (Matrix)
System 2: Khadas VIM3pro - CoreELEC- Skin: Amber (Matrix)

System 3: Ryzen 5700g Gigabyte Mini ITX x570 - LibreElec 12.x (Kodi 21 [Omega]) Nightlies - Skin: Aeon-Nox: Silvo (Omega)
(2020-10-11, 16:32)TheRealDeadMan Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 15:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 14:40)DrXenos Wrote: It still isn't working for me. I installed the add-on you referenced above, but it didn't help. It just made Kodi take an inordinately long amount of time to exit. So, I uninstalled it.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Regards,

Bart

Hi folks, maybe something you can look at since I had similar problems with a couple plugins in the past that would throw errors.
I'm on Matrix, but it's something to look at one your unit maybe. 

The plugins were not downloading all the dependencies they require causing errors, and I had to go into that plugin dependency list and select the ones that didn't auto-download. This fixed the problems I had with some of the skin plugin's not working.

(note: this picture is an older one I had on hand just listing the missing dependency, and I don't know now what plugin it was from now)
Image[/img]
I've been routinely retrying to use the new "Simple List," hoping that one day the support libraries on my Nvidia Shield would get updated so this would work.

It finally did today. I installed 3.2.122 and it worked!!

Thank you so much. The Simple List was exactly what I was asking for!!
(2021-01-05, 21:06)DrXenos Wrote: I've been routinely retrying to use the new "Simple List," hoping that one day the support libraries on my Nvidia Shield would get updated so this would work.

It finally did today. I installed 3.2.122 and it worked!!

Thank you so much. The Simple List was exactly what I was asking for!!
@DrXenos , Happy New Year! I am glad it is now working for you.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Almost perfect0