Wake on LAN no longer working
I am using my smartphone (Android) with Kore installed on it to control my Kodi based mediacenter. As the MC is hidden out of sight I use Wake-On-LAN to turn it on when needed.
Now I just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 running Android 10) and reinstalled Kore on it so I could control my MC. No matter what I try, I can't get the Wake-On-LAN to work.
When I install the app on a borrowed phone it works as intended and I can switch the computer on when I want to, so there's no problem with the network or computer itself.
I tried reinstalling the app on my phone and clear cache and userdata but nothing works. The phone has no anti-virus packages installed nor can I find any other package that could possible block stuff.
Anyone experiencing the same and knows what's wrong?
(2020-09-28, 12:55)muldereric Wrote: I am using my smartphone (Android) with Kore installed on it to control my Kodi based mediacenter. As the MC is hidden out of sight I use Wake-On-LAN to turn it on when needed.
Now I just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S20 running Android 10) and reinstalled Kore on it so I could control my MC. No matter what I try, I can't get the Wake-On-LAN to work.
When I install the app on a borrowed phone it works as intended and I can switch the computer on when I want to, so there's no problem with the network or computer itself.
I tried reinstalling the app on my phone and clear cache and userdata but nothing works. The phone has no anti-virus packages installed nor can I find any other package that could possible block stuff.
Anyone experiencing the same and knows what's wrong?
I am affected too. I'm running Android 10 and beta version 2.5.1 of Kore. Stopped working for me like a week or two ago. Waking from LAN still works in another app, so I've been using it. That means the problem is probably in the Kore app.

I have other issues too, but that may be because I run other sorts of remote control protocol on my server.

This however stopped working without me changing anything, so maybe an update of the android app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake on LAN no longer working0