• 54(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
... well crap. Apparently the error 500/server error was just on the displaying of the page; the bugs were getting submitted each time. Anyone know how to delete the duplicates?

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/issues/list
alexpigment Wrote:... well crap. Apparently the error 500/server error was just on the displaying of the page; the bugs were getting submitted each time. Anyone know how to delete the duplicates?

i've removed the duplicates but wont have a chance to look into this for a few days
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
zosky Wrote:i've removed the duplicates but wont have a chance to look into this for a few days

That's fine. I really just wanted to make sure there was something officially logged about it. I plan on making a start-to-finish tutorial on getting everything setup with regards to ROMs, and that was the one area where it was going to be really janky to explain (i.e. now choose this option which freezes your box, then restart XBMC, etc).
marjanovich Wrote:OK I've grabbed the updated Night GIT, and the updated Launcher plugins... still no fanart for the actual programs, I've placed fanart.jpg in each of the game's specific folders matching the location of both the executable and the cover...

Works for me following the example in this thread...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Hello,

Could someone possibly help me out with the use of this plugin? I am using Dharma B1 with Confluence skin. I have the "Launcher" set to open Firefox, by pointing it to the firefox.exe file on my "C" drive.
What happens is when I click on my "Firefox" link, I can see that it opens as there is short flash that shows the browser. However, it seems to open outside of and behind XBMC. Is there any way to open the browser and have it show up within XBMC?
Thanks,
Mark
mcborzu Wrote:Works for me following the example in this thread...

So notice those are roms so once again, does the code modifications on work on romlike files (file type) or standalone programs as well? (Ie c:/program files/xyz/zyx.exe)

The launcher.py file keeps referencing rom_fanart

UPDATE: Ok so finally downloaded an emulator and some roms.. yep fanart works for ROM files... so is there a way to duplicate the functionality for regular Stand-alone run_launcher as well as run_rom?
I have not yet patched the launcher_plugin.py code for fanart support for stand alone launcher. It will be my next task.
Okay, just installed Launcher onto Dharma-B2, SNES9X, and some roms...

I'm using a XBOX360 wireless controller to play the games (but a keyboard for XBMC)... problem is, as soon as a press a button on the controller in the game, XBMC gets the press to, usually opening another copy of the game/emulator, causing a cacophony of 16bit music.

How do I prevent this?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
clock2113 Wrote:Okay, just installed Launcher onto Dharma-B2, SNES9X, and some roms...

I'm using a XBOX360 wireless controller to play the games (but a keyboard for XBMC)... problem is, as soon as a press a button on the controller in the game, XBMC gets the press to, usually opening another copy of the game/emulator, causing a cacophony of 16bit music.

How do I prevent this?

Windows/linux/a dead badger with unix? What are you runing on? Haven't been able to experience this with windows based systems yet...

You using 360eventclient?
Ubuntu 10.04 full install
Sorry out of my dominion but im sure a pile of folks here will know the answer (not very helpful iknow but didt want you to think I was ignoring ya post question)
Ok, here is my new patch for the Launcher addon : http://pastebin.com/4DvuZiVi. That's new?

- support of fanarts for standalone launchers (not only roms)
- add of supplementary informations (genre/style, release date, publisher/company, plot) for standalone launchers and roms.

Example for standalone launcher :

Code:
<launcher>
        <name>Firefox</name>
        <application>/usr/bin/firefox</application>
        <args></args>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb>/home/gwenael/logo_mozilla_firefox.jpg</thumb>
        <fanart>/home/gwenael/firefox.png</fanart>
        <genre>Browser</genre>
        <release>2010</release>
        <publisher>Mozilla</publisher>
        <launcherplot>Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite and managed by Mozilla Corporation.</launcherplot>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
        </roms>
    </launcher>

Example for roms launcher :

Code:
<rom>
                <name>Chrono trigger</name>
                <filename>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/roms/Chrono Trigger.smc</filename>
                <thumb>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/covers/Chrono Trigger.jpg</thumb>
                <fanart>/mnt/multimedias/consoles/snes/fanarts/Chrono Trigger.jpg</fanart>
                <genre>Action RPG</genre>
                <release>1995</release>
                <publisher>Square</publisher>
                <gameplot>Living in the seemingly peaceful kingdom of Guardia in 1000 A.D., the child Crono was chosen by guardian spirits to save the world from ultimate devastation. Though Doomsday will not happen until the year 1999, the ancient seeds of destruction were planted long ago the the evil LAVOS. Your mission in the world of Chrono Trigger is to travel back and forth through time to change the course of history, and stop LAVOS from succeeding in his dark plan.</gameplot>
            </rom>
looking forward to trying this out at home tonight... you might very well be my hero
clock2113 Wrote:Okay, just installed Launcher onto Dharma-B2, SNES9X, and some roms...

How do I prevent this?

have a look at this post.

essentially you need to use a BASH script that removes your controler-key-mapping-file and tells XBMC to refresh the key-bindings (so it ignores the controller while you're playing) ... then after the EMU is done, it restores the key-map-file again & reFresh the key-bindings again before returning you to XBMC
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Thanks for your help zosky... way too complicated for me! I just deleted the keymap now that I know where it's at from your post - I only use the controllers for video games, not XBMC - and now it works perfect Big Grin
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7