• 57(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
Ok, well I installed Ubuntu from the Revo tutorial, So I am not even sure if I can access package manager, any ideas?
TheSiege Wrote:Ok, well I installed Ubuntu from the Revo tutorial, So I am not even sure if I can access package manager, any ideas?

One idea would be to try...?
marjanovich Wrote:Couple things to check are the image files named exactly the same way as in launchers.xml capitalization does matter

If your using this with night skin are you using the latest GIT version as he only added fanart support in that version not the one in dharma addons

so like the code for this...
is

and for a rom file...
Is there a scrapper for this stuff yet?
filigran Wrote:One idea would be to try...?

I dunno, Thats why I am asking
PainToad Wrote:Is there a scrapper for this stuff yet?

Negative been manually adding em... probably processing about 100 games a day over here...
marjanovich Wrote:Negative been manually adding em... probably processing about 100 games a day over here...

How would you like to be my hero and upload a pack (not including roms obviously).
You talking about the coding for the launchers.xml + screenshots & covers?
Yep Smile
hold on i'll see what i can put together for a head start...

be sure to change the location of your own personal NES application... and be sure to to a find/replace on the locations... ie if your NES roms are in C:\NESROMS\ just change all the F:\GAMES\EMULATION\NES\roms\ to your own location...

should be a fairly easy add to preexisting launchers.xml

Ok Edit #2
NES Covers/Screenshots
NES Launchers.xml Data
Nintendo Gamecube Covers/Screenshots
Nintendo Gamecube Launchers.xml Data

Keep in mind its not a 100% collection of any single thing think of it more like a head start 30-50 games per system... currently working on the unforgiving GBA collection which is closer to around 300 games outta the 2500+

Hopefully that helps get small foundation, once I've gotten a good sampling of each console on and my kids are occupied fully I'll be going back and working on adding more to each of the original ones...
Damon "Demios" Marjanovich
XBMC System - AMD x6 4.2gHz, 16gb DDR3, SLI Nvidia 465, 12tb Sata 6gbps HDDs, 5tb USB 3.0 external HDDs What's behind your xbmc?
marjanovich Wrote:Hopefully that helps get small foundation, once I've gotten a good sampling of each console on and my kids are occupied fully I'll be going back and working on adding more to each of the original ones...

FYI, RCB now includes scraper support (he keeps adding more scrapers), so you could probably save yourself a lot of time if you either use one of his supported scrapers or tweak some code to scrape what you want and format it for launcher
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
It may sound wierd but I'd rather manually process them due just so that it's 100% complete in any section I add a game too whether it be a rom, standalone game, my mmorpgs, etc... because as I've also gotten into my 30s I've gotten very very nitpicky and RCM shows great work for what it does do, but I personally cannot mix and match looks, all roms/games/mmorpgs in my world I want running through a single unified interface.
XBMC System - AMD x6 4.2gHz, 16gb DDR3, SLI Nvidia 465, 12tb Sata 6gbps HDDs, 5tb USB 3.0 external HDDs What's behind your xbmc?
Angelscry Wrote:Ok, following DARKGuy2008 post, I have found how to use fanarts (screenshots) with the Launcher addon.

Replace the /addons/plugin.program.launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py code (v1.10.2) by this one : http://pastebin.ca/1954452
Next, for each roms, you have to manually add fanart informations (path+file) into the /userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.launcher/launchers.xml file using <fanart></fanart> tags...

ps: I'm using this version of script http://pastebin.com/jYZZYYzg (latest one)

Any change to skin needs to be done? Because I'm using Confluence skin and fanart and plot info never show.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Yes your skin will need a mod... check either alaska or night (GIT version) for the modifications to myprograms.xml
I have found a little bug into my patch for the Launcher addon. So, this is the fixed last version : http://pastebin.com/F53888EC. Have fun!!!!
I don't know how I did it, but I would like to find out so I can do the same on another machine. I made my games menu auto load the launcher plugin.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7