• 65(current)
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox
As said angelscry, it looks like emulator problem. Most of people using zsnes, i too. Check it out.
Same problem. I starts, but I can only control xbmc.
What control type are you using? Keybord, game pad? Give us all info necessary info, mainboard keyboard joy pad connection info. Somewhere must be problem.

I'm using asrock 330ht + logitech cordless rumblepad2 joy pad and its working almost out of box. I just delete keymap file from /usr/share/xbmc directory because if i use joy pad in emulator it work same time in xbmc also when i play games, in xbmc same time play music or videos or something strange is going on.
I use a keyboard. Ubuntu Lucid minimal with xbmc-live. Asus Ion board. All games I try to play start - but none of them lets me control them. I just control xbmc.
scalpel Wrote:angelscry, forget it if it is problem. I am using linux and this script to run many apps:
Not sure that I really understand your problem, but why do you use fluxbox to launch other apps?Oo

scalpel Wrote:I use a keyboard. Ubuntu Lucid minimal with xbmc-live. Asus Ion board. All games I try to play start - but none of them lets me control them. I just control xbmc.
Please, copy here the content of your launchers.xml file. I think it miss something in your command line.
This is the last version of the launcher addon (v1.16.1): plugin.program.launcher.zip

What's new :
- Fix a bug occuring when covers and fanarts are saved into differents directories. Sorry, I miss this one.

Thumbs Up 
Just want to say it's all good, glad I could help and keep up the good work. I also doubted it was launcher causing the problem.

Take it easy
Thanks for the brilliant add-on, but I'm having a few teething troubles with it... When I add a game for example Outrun 2006 (PC), It adds the games perfectly fine but when I click to get the info I receive a plug-in error message, It's driving me crazy and i can't get my head around it any ideas on how to fix this would be great

Thanks
spong_miester Wrote:Thanks for the brilliant add-on, but I'm having a few teething troubles with it... When I add a game for example Outrun 2006 (PC), It adds the games perfectly fine but when I click to get the info I receive a plug-in error message, It's driving me crazy and i can't get my head around it any ideas on how to fix this would be great
Thanks
I will need more information to help you and to fix this error. Could you please post here the part of the launchers.xml file corresponding to the launcher and the rom which give you the error? Thank you.
Angelscry i dont know its a good example, but Youtube (movie addon) from official repo doesnt have this issue (at selecting destination to download folder)

edit: im using xp home on one from my comps and effect is same. no local drives letters.
Angelscry Wrote:I will need more information to help you and to fix this error. Could you please post here the part of the launchers.xml file corresponding to the launcher and the rom which give you the error? Thank you.

This is the error he mentions:

Quote:17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.NameError
17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 ERROR: Error Contents: global name 'launcher' is not defined
17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.program.launcher\default.py", line 20, in ?
plugin.Main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.program.launcher\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py", line 146, in __init__
self._scrap_launcher(launcher)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.program.launcher\resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py", line 751, in _scrap_launcher
self.launchers[launcher]["name"] = re.sub("/","-",results[selectgame]["title"])
NameError: global name 'launcher' is not defined
17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
17:30:01 T:2376 M:4294967295 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 INFO: Python script stopped
17:30:01 T:2352 M:4294967295 DEBUG: Thread 2352 terminating
17:30:01 T:2376 M:4294967295 DEBUG: python thread 2 destructed
17:30:03 T:2376 M:4294967295 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
17:30:03 T:2376 M:4294967295 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow lost focus
17:30:06 T:2376 M:4294967295 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

It happens when you create a launcher for a PC game and then select the "Get Information" option to scrape info
This is the last version of the launcher addon (v1.16.2): plugin.program.launcher.zip

What's new :
- Fix the bug when getting Information for stand alone launcher (thank you fr500 and spong_miester)
- Python code cleaning (just starting)
- Splitting gamefaqs scrapper code from main launcher source code.

Robert de Clair Wrote:Angelscry i dont know its a good example, but Youtube (movie addon) from official repo doesnt have this issue (at selecting destination to download folder)

edit: im using xp home on one from my comps and effect is same. no local drives letters.
No, it is not exactly the same thing. For Youtube movie addon, the selection of the destination download folder is into the plugin settings. In our case the selection of the folder is coded into the plugin itself and use the browse function :
Code:
xbmcgui.Dialog().browse(1,__language__( 30023 ),"files",filter)
As you see the code line is very simple. I have try to change the starting default directory. It works, but then you will be limited to the c:\ drive (not possibility to access external or network drives).

As crispy86 wrote here : click on the windows orb in the bottom left hand corner of the screen > click all programs > click the xbmc folder > right click on the xbmc icon > choose properties > click the 'Compatibility' tab > click 'Change settings for all users button' > at the bottom, where it says privilege level put a tick in the click on the windows orb in the bottom left hand corner of the screen > click all programs > click the xbmc folder > right click on the xbmc icon > choose properties > click the 'Compatibility' tab > click 'Change settings for all users button' > at the bottom, where it says privilege level put a tick in the 'Run this program as an administrator' box.

Start an Application in Administrator Mode
- on Windows 7 or Vista
- on Windows XP

That is what I have done and it fix the problem for me under Windows 7. Then, I have unchecked the 'Run this program as an administrator' box and I still able to access local directories. Not able to go back to the error, so the bug seems definitively fixed for me. That is clearly a kind of XBMC privilege bug. When the user is not the administrator it was not able to access the local directory directly from a plugin.

The other trick you can try is to edit the launcher_plugin.py file and replace the two lines :
Code:
app = xbmcgui.Dialog().browse(1,__language__( 30023 ),"files",filter)
and replace them by those one
Code:
app = xbmcgui.Dialog().browse(1,__language__( 30023 ),"files",filter, False, False, BASE_PATH)
It will maybe solve your problem but not corrects the XBMC bug.
Running the program as an administrator didn't help me.
How do I edit the launcher_plugin.py file?
If you have to ask. Then your out of your depth.
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Launcher - application launcher plugin for Linux, Mac, Windows, and Xbox7