• 29(current)
Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-07-16, 22:39)looun Wrote: Maybe i am in wrong .. This site report a new function:
https://9to5google-com.cdn.ampproject.or...-design%2F
Quote:Match content frame rate
As Google announced in its own changelog, Android TV 12 Beta 3 brings a new option to “match content frame rate.” This is under the “Display & Sound” section and includes the options shown below.

"If the app requests it" - so it relies on app to be coded to switch frame rate - same as now (and same as tvOS)? (Difference is seamless vs non-seamless?)

Let's just hope this means more app authors update their apps to support the Android TV frame rate switching API now it's more obvious when they don't?
Is DTS-HD MA supported on this device?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2021-08-17, 15:58)movie78 Wrote: Is DTS-HD MA supported on this device?

Not via bitstream/passthrough AFAIK.
I have obtained a simple cheap dock with USB C power passthrough, Ethernet and Multiple USB 3 ports, the new Chromecast with GTV.

Is there a small tutorial on setting up Kodi 18 on it and also using a USB stick for Kodi library storage?? (I have a massive library and the Chromecast will fill up if I scan content without the USB stick for Kodi to store it)

I've read several comments online indicating that it's possible to add a USB drive with the right dock?
Any way to make the library update in the background?   I just realised if I use Kodi on CCast, it's not active in the Chrome Cast Android OS, so it won't auto-add newmovies?   Each time we go to use it, we'll need to wait for a library update, yeah?
After browsing through this(a bit), I have to ask for a conclusion from someone "in the know". I've seen in some places that some people claim that, although the interface is 1080p on GCWGTV, video playback is actually 4k. In my case, this is incorrect. Whatever I tried, I'm not getting true 4k video output. Am I doing anything wrong, or is it just the state of the system? If that's the way things are ATM, what, if any, are the hopes and dreams regarding this getting fixed. Android 12? I don't care that much about framerate switching, but are these two aspects hand-in-hand?
Is this device able to decode 4k video?
I have a local 4k file 
If I try to play it, it's unwatchably slow (one frame each few secs). Kodi or VLC have the same problem.
(2021-10-21, 14:29)jalcaid001 Wrote: Is this device able to decode 4k video?
I have a local 4k file 
If I try to play it, it's unwatchably slow (one frame each few secs). Kodi or VLC have the same problem.
Do you have a non-HDR TV and the 4k video is HDR? For some reason that's no workie.
(2021-10-21, 14:35)quacked Wrote:
I have a local 4k file 
Do you have a non-HDR TV and the 4k video is HDR? For some reason that's no workie.
Both TV and video is HDR
But it really looks like a hardware performance issue. No matter what TV I use.
(2021-10-21, 20:10)jalcaid001 Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 14:35)quacked Wrote:
I have a local 4k file 
Both TV and video is HDR
But it really looks like a hardware performance issue. No matter what TV I use.
THis problem is gone. I think it must have been some app conflict, but no idea exactly what happened.
The problem I'm having now is with dolby vision content.
I use 'match content' on HDR  option.

Dolby vison plays fine via Netflix (TV recognizes it), but not via Kodi. Is this a limitation on the box?
(2021-11-10, 01:37)jalcaid001 Wrote: The problem I'm having now is with dolby vision content.

Dolby vison plays fine via Netflix (TV recognizes it), but not via Kodi. Is this a limitation on the box?

Has anyone confirmed that the Google Chromecast with Google TV will replay Dolby Vision content in Kodi?  (Some Kodi platforms that do replay DV are limited to DV in an mp4 container and won't replay DV in an MKV container in DV also. Plus there is the continuing saga of multiple DV profiles, single vs dual layer DV etc. with some devices only handling a sub-set of DV profiles.  Many won't replay iPhone DV for instance as that is HLG rather than PQ/HDR10 based, others will replay single layer DV but not dual layer DV, whilst some will not handle non-standard single-layer DV such as that created from UHD rips)
(2021-11-10, 10:54)noggin Wrote:
(2021-11-10, 01:37)jalcaid001 Wrote: The problem I'm having now is with dolby vision content.

Has anyone confirmed that the Google Chromecast with Google TV will replay Dolby Vision content in Kodi?  (Some Kodi platforms that do replay DV are limited to DV in an mp4 container and won't replay DV in an MKV container in DV also. Plus there is the continuing saga of multiple DV profiles, single vs dual layer DV etc. with some devices only handling a sub-set of DV profiles.  Many won't replay iPhone DV for instance as that is HLG rather than PQ/HDR10 based, others will replay single layer DV but not dual layer DV, whilst some will not handle non-standard single-layer DV such as that created from UHD rips)
I tried  P4_LG_Dolby_Trailer_4K_Demo.mkv from the Kodi samples pages and it didn't play it with dolby vision.
Hello everybody! Sorry if I'm being a pain, but this is a long thread, and I want to make sure I have an up-to-date answer for this. Under Kodi, does this device now support automatic (as in, application-controlled) switching of both frame rate and resolution to match the video? If yes, does that include 576p and 480p output? And does it properly support Dolby Digital Plus audio pass-through? (I don't need HD audio right now).
(2021-11-11, 00:49)Eleanor Wrote: Hello everybody! Sorry if I'm being a pain, but this is a long thread, and I want to make sure I have an up-to-date answer for this. Under Kodi, does this device now support automatic (as in, application-controlled) switching of both frame rate and resolution to match the video? If yes, does that include 576p and 480p output? And does it properly support Dolby Digital Plus audio pass-through? (I don't need HD audio right now).

My understanding is that the output is still fixed in frame rate terms, with no support for Google's Frame Rate switching API (that's been present in Android TV for a while) or the new support for HDMI 2.1 'invisible' frame rate switching (which avoids the resync disturbances that used to accompany frame rate changes?).

** EDIT - just checked, with the latest firmware, still only one resolution and frame rate - appear in the whitelist **
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0