Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-03, 13:05)Skank Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 06:24)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-10-03, 02:51)hdmkv Wrote: Google TV launcher on Shield TV done. Think I'm passing on this for now.

I've written up an easier Mini Tutorial for installing and faster Flip/Flopping between the Android TV Launcher and the new Google TV Launcher on all existing Android TV devices:

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/3j0nk7l3?p=142

I find Content Discovery much easier and quicker to add to your personal "Watchlist".
There is a bunch of stuff I would have never seen if going through each individual video App.

The Rotten Tomatoes Ratings are a fantastic addition.
Pity the library on google tv doesnt populate with stuff from plex/emby/kodi
Thats truly a shame

I still wonder why we still need kodi then...
Kodi does actually the same but more advanced... i know

but still
Well you sort of answered your own question. Google don't care about your local media, they just want to sell you their content. So if you're exclusively using Google TV content or Amazon Prime content, then this will probably work for you. If you want to use your own content, then this launcher is pointless because the only thing you will be using it for is opening Kodi Smile So if you're interested in more than just renting video content from Google or Amazon then Kodi is still very much relevant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by FXB78 - 2020-10-03, 13:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0