Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
Hi everyone,

New to this forum, and new to Kodi. Long story short, I've been using the old chromecast for a couple of years, together with my own content (downloaded 1080p movies, with subtitles från opensubtitles.org). I like the chromecast because it's part of google's ecosystem and I do use youtube/music etc from Google. To be able to cast my content to my chromecast, I'm today running a Plex server on my PC, same network - which is then transcoding everything to the chromecast.

As you might already now, Plex is super buggy and has glitches pretty much everywhere. The second bigger downside is the need for transcoding, it means that I can't do 4k today because that would probably push my PC to it's limit given transcoding 4k requires alot of power.

So, I was glad to see this new chromecast with Google TV. I've been looking into getting the Vero 4k+ but now with this release, I must say I do prefer the chromecast solution. Do you reckon I'll be able to use the new chromecast to show my downloaded content in 4k HDR using this new chromecast with Kodi? I should add that I also almost always use burned in subtitles from opensubtitles.org.

Or, am i better off getting a Vero 4k+? I'm not an enthusiast in anyway - I just want to be able to play my content without hassle and have it in 4k / HDR going forward (upgrading TV soon).

As mentioned, I prefer the simplicity of a chromecast, and with Android TV I'll be able to use my local tv stations apps too... I want to avoid having "two" solutions (one chromecast and one vero for example).

Vol

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by volatyle - 2020-10-04, 17:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0