Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-06, 10:26)noggin Wrote: Hmm - just tried playing Jack Ryan S2 and Bosch S6 on my Apple TV 4K, nVidia Shield TV and Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K.  All of them played in HDR10 not DV. (I have a DV TV and AVR and watch Netflix and Apple TV+ stuff in UHD DV HDR)
I do subscribe to ATV+, but there's no app on Google Play store for it. Did try mp4 & ts DV samples via Kodi 19 (as opposed to just DV MKV's before), but got only HDR10. Not a Plex fan & don't want to bother w/installing the necessary Plex server to my NAS or PC in order to test DV.

So, a new test I just conducted over wi-fi was playing high bitrate Birds & Jellyfish files:
- Up to Birds 90Mbps play fine, no issues
- Up to Jellyfish 120Mbps play fine, but 140+ exhibit buffering & stutter (not surprising given the iperf3 results I posted earlier)

Tried this USB-C gigabit Ethernet adapter off Amazon, but GTV didn't like it, so couldn't test wired playback nor adoptable storage results...

This damn dongle is quite fussy about power. Also tried this USB 3.0 ethernet adapter w/a USB-C to USB 3.0 cable & had the same power error issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by hdmkv - 2020-10-07, 01:42
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0