Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-10, 01:22)foxbat121 Wrote: Kodi is not very compatible with this box because of some missing ApI it depends on. That's why it can't retrieve all the resolutions and refresh rate the box supports. Regardless, I have tested with a 4K test clip to make sure it does output full 4k video resolution. The problem that it slows down to a crawl when connected to any 2K tv is a weird issue/bug
I  doubt that. It's probably just a bug that hasn't been reported yet so it can be fixed by the Google devs behind this very new dongle. I imagine that after another software update or two, and people complaining about it, that we shall see the major issues get ironed out. There's more to be fixed on this dongle than just this anyway, like the lack of refresh rate switching, which is possible on this hardware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by Kodroid - 2020-10-10, 12:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0