Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-17, 09:59)DaMacFunkin Wrote: I have finally received mine in the UK and I have to say I am severely underwhelmed by it, I can’t think of anything praise worthy about it.

I own 2 4K firestick, Chromecast Ultra, Chromecast Gen 3, Shield Pro 2019 and Shield 2017 As well as the Zidoo Z9X, this is the biggest waste of money out of all of them.

It is pretty cheap...  The Netflix bundle in the UK is worth £53 (they credit that to your account), and the bundled version costs £89 - so if you're a Netflix user the CC with GTV only costs you £36. That's not bad for a 4K Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos TV stick with a neat RF voice remote, decent power supply and decent industrial design.  If you don't take the Netflix offer then the Fire TV Stick 4K is better value I guess.

If it supported frame rate switching and HD Audio it would be a lot better of course... (I can see the former being implemented potentially at some point, but not the latter)

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by noggin - 2020-10-17, 10:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0