Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2020-10-20, 12:10)b4cksl4sh Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 12:01)noggin Wrote: I'm not sure anyone offers fully automatic refresh rate on Android TV apps - though Kodi's implementation works on some Android platforms.  The nearest you get at the moment is the 'push a button when playing a video to set the right refresh rate' option on the Shield TV.

Some earlier Android builds (not sure about Android TV) on some platforms attempted it - but I think DRM licensing makes it tricky.

I will stick to the Raspberry for Kodi and Fire TV for everything else until someone gets it right or Google fixes it with an update. How they can even market something as a streaming/TV device without automatic refresh rate switching is beyond me.

Almost no commercial product offers automatic refresh rate switching for Netflix, Amazon Prime etc.  The only platform I know of that comes close (and it's not 'automatic' but feels like it in some apps) is the Apple TV 4/4K (and that's not perfect because of the 23.976 vs 24.000 issues). I don't know of any other platform that currently properly does Netflix with 23.976/24/25/29.97 and 59.94 (there is a small amount of high frame rate stuff if you look) switching properly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by noggin - 2020-10-20, 17:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0