Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
Hello,

Just to share my personal experience.
Used previously Xiaomi Boxes, Firestick TV 4K/Standard and now started to evaluate the Google Chromecast with TV.

Experience is very positive from my perspective on the following point :
- smooth Youtube experience (had several small micro-shutters in youtube on many videos previously). Image is now perfectly sharp & smooth.
- molotovTV a french app to have french television channel is now smooth, previously I had micro-shutters as well on the FireTV
- Native google store access
- Kodi experience is good except the following point :

I cannot force any TV resolution using the whitelist feature of Kodi. This is something I used previously on my stick because it let the TV do the upscale and my Philips do it very well (thanks to P5 engine)
Not possible with the google device, it is forced to the resolution I set on the device and I cannot change it while playing a video (this is not a problem on the firestick TV ...)

So until now, except this missing feature, I do appreciate this little google device for my video/tv uses cases Smile

Problem with Kodi on

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI - by LamaFache - 2020-11-09, 11:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0