• 30(current)
Android "Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI
(2021-11-11, 10:31)noggin Wrote: My understanding is that the output is still fixed in frame rate terms, with no support for Google's Frame Rate switching API (that's been present in Android TV for a while) or the new support for HDMI 2.1 'invisible' frame rate switching (which avoids the resync disturbances that used to accompany frame rate changes?).

** EDIT - just checked, with the latest firmware, still only one resolution and frame rate - appear in the whitelist **

Boo!

Okay, thank you. Smile
I was looking at this thread  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363697

It would seem now it should be possible to watch double vision  on .mkv, but not sure if Kodi supports it
Hi Guys!

I'm not sure if this is the right topic for my problem, but seems fitting.
It is maybe a hardware issue, or kodis approach to some hardware level, not really sure.

My chain of media access is: Win2019 server -> smb share with username+password -> 5G Ubiquity wifi within a couple of meters -> chromecast with google tv -> Kodi 19.3

The problem is: Videos freeze during play.
When the freeze happens, the ui, and the hardware is still stay responsible: i can hit "ok" and navigate around, or "back" and go back to main menu, although when i hit stop it took 5-30sec to stop the video from playing. In that time i cannot restart the video nor start a new one)
The time of freeze seems random (sometimes it happens after 1-2min sometimes within 20-30min of play)

The things i tried / checked:
- tried to cool the device, but it did not help (cannot check the proper inner temperature, but to the touch it was cooler)
- checked the net speed (at least through internet speed test - 220+MB/s downstream)
- played 4k vids without any hickups using youtube client.
- tried to change the UI resolution of the chromecast (from 4k to 1080p, no affect on the outcome)
- play the same video using VLC on the same hardware, it worked fine (over wifi)
- also tried with multiple 1080p and lower resolution medias as well.
- tried to downgrade Kodi to 18.9 but it did the same thing.
- added a type c dongle with ethernet, and now the videos are played (seemingly) without any problems on Kodi

So at this point i think i could narrowed it down to "it is something with kodi and wifi together".

Can i somewhat provide a meaningful log or any more testing for the devs to help elaborate this issue?
I ger the new Chromecast with Google TV but in Kodi i can set only 1080 and not 4K. Also its play not 4K Movies. That is very bad. The FireTV 4K MAX can play 4K in Kodi for the half price. Also its have only Android 10 but Android 12 is out. The Shield TV Pro get Android 11 in the nex days.
(2021-12-21, 08:51)Schrotty Wrote: I ger the new Chromecast with Google TV but in Kodi i can set only 1080 and not 4K. Also its play not 4K Movies. That is very bad. The FireTV 4K MAX can play 4K in Kodi for the half price. Also its have only Android 10 but Android 12 is out. The Shield TV Pro get Android 11 in the nex days.
That's weird. Did you configure CCGTV as 1080p. I can see the output of the HDMI as 2160p (even if the movie is 1080p), that I don't like
I am able to output a Dolby Vision format when I play a Dolby Vision movie with Plex, but not with Kodi. Any plans for Kodi to support Dolby Vision?
(2022-01-06, 18:29)jalcaid001 Wrote: I am able to output a Dolby Vision format when I play a Dolby Vision movie with Plex, but not with Kodi. Any plans for Kodi to support Dolby Vision?

You need one of the custom Kodi builds that support DV (for now..). https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...r-Android/

I would try this one first https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fjkqnuvwa7z3...k3A8a?dl=0
Stumbled upon news that mid last year Chromecast w/GTV added HDR10+ support. Has anyone gotten UHD rips to work?
(2021-05-15, 19:41)sirmedia Wrote: And now starting to run out of space Sad A problem I never had with the AFTV4K stick, never had to think about adding extra storage.

I am having a nightmare with my CCast.
Kodi runs out of space.
Plex is the worst thing ever, because it won't play 3/4 of my files, it's such garbage, I hate Plex so much.

All I want is my ART metadata library "junk" to not be on the Chromecast, but on my NAS to save space.
I have the same problem. I have Kodi 19.3 installed and it stutters. On the other hand, playing the same file with Plex and Emby does not stutter. Tested with more than 20 different files with high bitrate always the same. It is connected by WiFi.
(2021-11-27, 13:36)Victoare Wrote: Hi Guys!

I'm not sure if this is the right topic for my problem, but seems fitting.
It is maybe a hardware issue, or kodis approach to some hardware level, not really sure.

My chain of media access is: Win2019 server -> smb share with username+password -> 5G Ubiquity wifi within a couple of meters -> chromecast with google tv -> Kodi 19.3

The problem is: Videos freeze during play.
When the freeze happens, the ui, and the hardware is still stay responsible: i can hit "ok" and navigate around, or "back" and go back to main menu, although when i hit stop it took 5-30sec to stop the video from playing. In that time i cannot restart the video nor start a new one)
The time of freeze seems random (sometimes it happens after 1-2min sometimes within 20-30min of play)

The things i tried / checked:
- tried to cool the device, but it did not help (cannot check the proper inner temperature, but to the touch it was cooler)
- checked the net speed (at least through internet speed test - 220+MB/s downstream)
- played 4k vids without any hickups using youtube client.
- tried to change the UI resolution of the chromecast (from 4k to 1080p, no affect on the outcome)
- play the same video using VLC on the same hardware, it worked fine (over wifi)
- also tried with multiple 1080p and lower resolution medias as well.
- tried to downgrade Kodi to 18.9 but it did the same thing.
- added a type c dongle with ethernet, and now the videos are played (seemingly) without any problems on Kodi

So at this point i think i could narrowed it down to "it is something with kodi and wifi together".

Can i somewhat provide a meaningful log or any more testing for the devs to help elaborate this issue?
I was referring to that post, I didn't realize I quoted your post. Sorry
(2022-02-01, 17:23)Pelayo Wrote: I was referring to that post, I didn't realize I quoted your post

Another way of quoting is to select/mark a text in a post, and click on the Reply bar that appears under that post. It avoids needlessly quoting entire posts. Just a thought.
Hi guys.
I am using chromecast with Google TV a while.
I switched from old 1080p TV to 4K LG C1.

If I check Kodi settings the resolution is set up to 1080p and cannot be changed and devide info is also 1080p.
Alson, when I am playing 4K hdr video and check display info (pressing Z key) there is screen resolution 1080p and info that sizing 4K source is downscaled to 1080p. ODS info shown video stream 4K.
I tried reinstall kodi and result is same.

What is it means? Is it played and output to my TV in 4k or 1080p?

TV LG C1
Device Chromecast Google TV (output set on 4K@60, HDR 10)
Version Kodi 19
Still no way to play 4k HDR on a non-4k TV with this device?
Really, doesn't it just strip the HDR and drop the resolution?   Kodi is normally very clever with that kind of thing.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Google Chromecast with Google TV" dongle with a new "Google TV" ecosystem and UI0