v19 Channels DVR

watch gallery

Requires https://getchannels.com/dvr-server/

Features:
  • Standard Kodi plugin UI
  • Easy IPTV-Simple integration including Timeshift support! w/Automatic IPTV Simple setup
  • Supports integration to PseudoTV Live

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Stupid question probably, but what is the difference between your plugin vs the one available from Channels?
This looks really cool, thanks for your work!

I’ve already been using the channels pvr developed by the channels team and that has been working pretty well for me even though it has not been updated in a while and may be a while before we see any. But a few things it’s lacking that don’t work properly are the ability to set timers from the Kodi pvr guide and time shift. I know iptv simple client doesn’t support that at all but I’ve seen a few community efforts that supposedly add that functionality to simple client, though I’ve never tested any of them out.

Curious if anyone here has tried that out with this add-on yet? If no one else has attempted I’m happy to report back with my results but probably won’t have time to get to it till this weekend.
(2020-10-28, 10:18)wings188 Wrote: This looks really cool, thanks for your work!

I’ve already been using the channels pvr developed by the channels team and that has been working pretty well for me even though it has not been updated in a while and may be a while before we see any. But a few things it’s lacking that don’t work properly are the ability to set timers from the Kodi pvr guide and time shift. I know iptv simple client doesn’t support that at all but I’ve seen a few community efforts that supposedly add that functionality to simple client, though I’ve never tested any of them out.

Curious if anyone here has tried that out with this add-on yet? If no one else has attempted I’m happy to report back with my results but probably won’t have time to get to it till this weekend.
Timers should work, if you are referring to setting a recording, it's currently not supported. I'll look into time shifts and if the streams support them. If they do expect an update soon, THX!

::UPDATE::

Timeshift tested... and working great! Support added to v.1.1.1...
(2020-10-28, 18:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 10:18)wings188 Wrote: This looks really cool, thanks for your work!

Timers should work, if you are referring to setting a recording, it's currently not supported. I'll look into time shifts and if the streams support them. If they do expect an update soon, THX!

::UPDATE::

Timeshift tested... and working great! Support added to v.1.1.1...

Yes sorry recordings is what I was referring to when I said timers. But timeshift is fantastic! Of the two, that’s definitely the functionality I would be using most. Can’t wait to try it out! Gonna try to set it up tonight. Thanks for the quick update!
(2020-10-01, 04:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository

I get a 404 on this link.
Is there a Channels DVR Client available for Kodi?

Thanks
Kodis Matrix addon page is broken, either way, it's available to download via the official repo or receive recent updates by installing my beta repo.
(2021-04-19, 20:32)Lunatixz Wrote: Kodis Matrix addon page is broken, either way, it's available to download via the official repo or receive recent updates by installing my beta repo.
Sorry here, newbie at Kodi!

I don't see any Channels DVR client in the official repo.
Would you have a direct link?

Thanks, JMD
(2021-04-20, 16:57)jmdapozzo Wrote:
(2021-04-19, 20:32)Lunatixz Wrote: Kodis Matrix addon page is broken, either way, it's available to download via the official repo or receive recent updates by installing my beta repo.

Thanks, JMD

I'd prefer you install my plugins through either my beta repository or the official Kodi repo.

The official Kodi repo is already installed with Kodi, navigate to download addons, video and find ChannelsDVR.

For the latest versions still in development you'll need to install my beta repo, download link in the signature below.
Does this plugin allow access to the Library of recordings in Channels?  That's really my main use case for this.
(2021-04-20, 17:16)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-04-20, 16:57)jmdapozzo Wrote:

Thanks, JMD

I'd prefer you install my plugins through either my beta repository or the official Kodi repo.

The official Kodi repo is already installed with Kodi, navigate to download addons, video and find ChannelsDVR.

For the latest versions still in development you'll need to install my beta repo, download link in the signature below.
Hi Lunatixz,

Thanks for this.  I have been wanting to get back the Channels addon since upgrading to Matrix.  I downloaded your repo from Github but it will not install.  I also tried your Channels addon from the Kodi repo.  It installed but the Live TV option does not appear even after adding my Channels server IP and restarting Kodi.  If I install the PVR IPTV Simple Client dependency I get the Live TV menu option but no Channels (only the PVR IPTV Simple Client PVR).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks you for your hard work.

Best,
Ken
(2020-10-01, 04:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Image

watch gallery

Requires https://getchannels.com/dvr-server/

Features:
  • Standard Kodi plugin UI
  • Easy IPTV-Simple integration including Timeshift support! w/Automatic IPTV Simple setup
  • Supports integration to PseudoTV Live

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository

Thanks for the your post. When clicking on link for the Official Kodi repository, I got a message saying "that was unexpected
" which I took to mean the link is outdated. And I don't know how to find your beta repo which I presume has the inputstream adaptive addon version 2.6.6.  Even though I have had Kodi for a long time this is my first venture into a forum post. I just looked around before and I don't know how to navigate the forum.
Are there some instructions on how to configure the IPTV portion?  It's looking for an m3u and I don't know what to use.
(2021-12-31, 04:00)ricocarlos Wrote: Are there some instructions on how to configure the IPTV portion?  It's looking for an m3u and I don't know what to use.

If you are needing the m3u from channels server, it would be of the form:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8089/devices/ANY/channels.m3u

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP (might work with name) of the channels DVR

If it asks for xmltv , then you could use one of these (again xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of the channels DVR):

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8089/devices/ANY/...on=1209600

The first link limits how far in advance the guide data goes, the second (with duration=xxxxx) gives you 14 days of data (assuming you have that much in your DVR).

These are the ones you'd need when running channels DVR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels DVR0