Video Bouncing - Not Sure What to Call It
I have an OLED TV. My wife and I watch a lot of news. They have static logos, banners, and the such. I already destroyed one panel by burning those images in. I'd like to avoid further destruction.

I thought about the old DVD screensavers that would bounce around the screen, banking off the edges. Could that be done with live TV? Something to where you could assign the functionality to a button press? I would think that shrinking the image (zooming out) to like 50% or 40% or something, and then have it slowly bounce across the screen.

Another idea would be similar to zoom, but more of a position. All the logos and stuff are at the bottom of the screen. To be able to easily move the image to where the bottom could be cropped would be great too. Or even just be able to overlay black over it.

I don't know. Anyone have any ideas that could help?
(2020-10-02, 18:29)FlipperBizkut Wrote: I have an OLED TV. My wife and I watch a lot of news. They have static logos, banners, and the such. I already destroyed one panel by burning those images in. I'd like to avoid further destruction.

I thought about the old DVD screensavers that would bounce around the screen, banking off the edges. Could that be done with live TV? Something to where you could assign the functionality to a button press? I would think that shrinking the image (zooming out) to like 50% or 40% or something, and then have it slowly bounce across the screen.

Another idea would be similar to zoom, but more of a position. All the logos and stuff are at the bottom of the screen. To be able to easily move the image to where the bottom could be cropped would be great too. Or even just be able to overlay black over it.

I don't know. Anyone have any ideas that could help?

Or! Is there a way to overlay an image (jpeg, png, etc) on a live TV video stream? I could just make an image that blacks out the logos and banners. That would be great. If png, I could even just make it like 80% opacity black and have very dim logos.
You could add any overlay you want by following the thread here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316537 I'm not sure if you easily disable it or apply it to certain videos though.
(2020-10-02, 19:41)FXB78 Wrote: You could add any overlay you want by following the thread here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316537 I'm not sure if you easily disable it or apply it to certain videos though.

Interesting. It seems like that is going to put the overlay on all video though. I'm looking for something that can be easily toggled on and off. Thanks for the link though!
Anyone else have any suggestions on how to "bounce" a zoomed out image around the screen, screensaver style? I'd also take other suggestions on how I might go about dealing with burn-in prevention for static images (e.g. TV Station Logos).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Bouncing - Not Sure What to Call It0