Kodi 17.6 versus Kodi 18
It is All Videos already.

Here is the last paste if that can get a clue: https://paste.kodi.tv/jonufizijo.kodi
Also it is not the "Filter" in the side blade. I have search for a movie named "eye in the sky" for example. I know it is in the source folder on E. But I can find it in the "Video" section.
(2020-10-18, 15:35)Captor Wrote: uninstalled and installed 18.8 again and now it is working!
Glad a re-installation worked out, in the future a 'portable installation' would have been an expedient way of handling this issue, not only a fresh installation but would leave your other installation intact. Most of the time re-instillation will not cure the issue if the problem source is add-ons.
(2020-10-18, 15:35)Captor Wrote: in the "Video" section I can see all 838 movies
We call this file mode and this shows you all the files that you have allocated as 'source'. Your issue is one of nomenclature, the movies you see in the 'movies' selection have been found and scraped into your library, the others have not been found; (usually it's because the name is incorrect or there is more than one movie with the same name and there is no year specified). Create Video Library (wiki) scrapers have been unable to locate the 'video' in one of the selected online movie database because of a missmatch, then it skips to the next.
Now it works! The problem is I don´t really know what I did in the settings inside Kodi. Maybe it was "Replace file name with library files. But I also tepered around with other settings as well so I can not for sure point out what the problem was. Only that it was in the settings, that I am sure of.
Yes to what you where writing. But then I was thinking ot is so many movies. 838 in file mode and only 298 in "Movies". That sounded not right. I have also read in Wiki about scraping problems. And about name problems as you said. However, there I could not find the reason because it all worked well before in 17.6. But hten in version 18 it was introduced about reading video file tags. But Use video tags was already disabled. So I just played around and thinking nothing to lose. And then I did something good for once. Unfortunately I don´t know what :-)
Thank you very much here in the forum. It is very appreciated to get some support from you guys.

Tomorrow I will add the TV shows so I will probably come back with more questions :-)

When I updated the library several times (maybe 5-6 times out of about 600 so a minor problem)  it came up a message saying "Archive support, rar solid archive support unavailable". A small RED window.  What is that? Also another time it said something about needed xxxx Mb only 0 availalble. There is plenty of space on the hard drive. Is it maybe RAM that is meaning?
I see about portable installation. I have always been a little bit afraid of trying that out. I mean also with other software not only now with Kodi. So I haven´t dare to take the step :-)
But it look like it might be a good solution many times. Thanks for the info about that. I have to try that!
But I forgot to ask about something about the names. In the library if I chose to show the movies by titles and under the letter B the movie The Bounce shows up.
I would rather have that to show up under the letter T. There is probably a setting for that and maybe I will find it eventually or maybe not.
May I ask if you in here know what setting that is? Again a minor problem and not so important actually!
(2020-10-18, 18:46)Captor Wrote: I would rather have that to show up under the letter T. There is probably a setting for that and maybe I will find it eventually or maybe not.

Settings > Media > General > Ignore articles when sorting.  Turn that OFF and your movie should show under 'T'.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2020-10-18, 18:46)Captor Wrote: But I forgot to ask about something about the names. In the library if I chose to show the movies by titles and under the letter B the movie The Bounce shows up.
I would rather have that to show up under the letter T. There is probably a setting for that and maybe I will find it eventually or maybe not.
May I ask if you in here know what setting that is? Again a minor problem and not so important actually!

Navigate to Settings/Media/General/ and uncheck Ignore Articles When Sorting.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2020-10-18, 18:33)Captor Wrote: Tomorrow I will add the TV shows so I will probably come back with more questions :-)
Baby steps here. Please post each issue under it's own thread, utilize the forum search and wiki's provided; this isn't a hand held personal forum thread just for you.

HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Windows (wiki) and Troubleshooting (wiki) alongside with Create Video Library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 versus Kodi 180