• 10(current)
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
Unable to load Kodi 19.3 through Google Play Store on my Tadic X-Box. Message states "waiting for download"
Google Play Store no longer loads Kodi on Tactid X-box which had previously had it. It states "waiting for download"
DTS HD & DTS X only with VLC..no with kodi
av1 from  streaming app la you tube and av1 local files with mx player
Quote:I'm of the opinion that people should just wait a little bit and stick with an archaic S905X or S912 running a custom ROM
Are you stating that there's a custom ROM available for the Mecool KM6 S905X4? If so, do you have more info on such a ROM. I've been told that no custom ROM exists for the TV box.
Has there been a way to play Kodi DTS HD and DTS X on km6 deluxe? Maybe with some build? It plays normally in VLC. I can't figure out why while in the passthrough settings I enable DTS HD but it only plays plain DTS.
(2024-02-28, 20:28)SpirosX80 Wrote: Has there been a way to play Kodi DTS HD and DTS X on km6 deluxe? Maybe with some build? It plays normally in VLC. I can't figure out why while in the passthrough settings I enable DTS HD but it only plays plain DTS.
No DTS-HD Passthrough on almost all AMLOGIC devices, if no DTS-HD then no DTS:X. So, it is normal that DTS-HD gets converted to DTS in your KM6_Deluxe while using KODI.

VLC will automatically decode DTS, and does not use Passthrough by default, so it is not a valid comparison.
On Homatics Box R 4K Plus, all HD passthrough works with latest Android 12 beta. But, it's a good, but imperfect box overall.
let's not forget Passthrough is dependent on eARC as well so if you have your device connected to your TV and THEN to your audio equipment your TV must be capable, which most are not

the better solution is to connect directly to the audio equipment and from there to the TV

since no details were provided with the question i felt like adding this tidbit
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0