• 9(current)
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
(2021-09-23, 04:03)bimken Wrote:
(2021-09-23, 03:46)spadafora Wrote: With vlc you can passtrought dts-ma and dts x..

How about Dolby Atmos, my soundbar do not support DTS only Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby HD.
With kodi km6 can play dolby 5,1 dolby digital  plus/atmos. but not dolbt tru HD/atmos.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Audio
Hi Guys,

I have 2 of these, deluxe edition.

I have Kodi configured to "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" however this setting does not seem to work on this device. TV set receives 50Hz (setting of the KM6 in Android settings) while playing a movie (24FPS) with less than smooth video reproduction. When I change Android settings to 1080p24Hz the movie plays smoothly.

I want Kodi to change the refresh rate. On a Windows device I got this working perfectly.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
(2021-09-27, 21:05)Streamerke Wrote: I have Kodi configured to "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" however this setting does not seem to work on this device.

I want Kodi to change the refresh rate. On a Windows device I got this working perfectly.

I just discovered that the KM6 Deluxe supports frame rate switching and would also like to know this!
(2021-09-27, 21:05)Streamerke Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have 2 of these, deluxe edition.

I have Kodi configured to "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" however this setting does not seem to work on this device. TV set receives 50Hz (setting of the KM6 in Android settings) while playing a movie (24FPS) with less than smooth video reproduction. When I change Android settings to 1080p24Hz the movie plays smoothly.

this device handles this at the system level - there is a setting in the device options to turn it on.  for whatever reason it doesn't support allowing kodi to handle it.  you can email mecool and ask about it but i wouldn't expect any changes to their firmware for this, or probably any other issues.  i don't think device support and updates are part of their business model.
Just to clarify - if you turn the setting on at system level, it still won't work inside Kodi?
(2021-11-18, 03:12)ext23 Wrote: Just to clarify - if you turn the setting on at system level, it still won't work inside Kodi?

no, it will work. it handles frame rate switching for all apps that need it. at least it does for me with Kodi, smarttubenext and my file browsers internal video player. I don't use any other video apps so I can't speak for those but I'd assume it does if needed.
Thank you very much! I feel like I struck gold with this device.
Hi, i think i watch a review on youtube on this android box https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GQhy0M1Tfw&t=1190s.
Which is why i changed my mind to get others android box like Ugoos that able pass through every type of audio decoder.
Hello,

First, sorry for my english..

I just buy a KM6 Deluxe because I was thinking that better that my Minix U1 who having problem with Matrix.

So, I'm very sad because, first I put a sd card of 64G for put my thumbnails in with advance-setting but it seems to doesn't work... An solution for me ?

I try with my old advanced-settings who says :

<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
    <to>storage/sdcard1/Kodi/Thumbnails</to>

and don't seems to work, so I read that the KM6 says that my sd card is named : 7BC9-393D and I ptu :

<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
    <to>storage/7BC9-393D/Kodi/Thumbnails</to> but don't work..... If anyone can help me...

But the second and perhaps more important problem is that Kodi don't read the pictures, I would say, If I want to change a wallpaper , I go in the local disk in pictures and even the icons don't appears, I would say the icons of all the add-ons, the icons of the pictures to choose to change a wallpaper in background...

I hope tou understand and that somebody can help me, please !!! Thank you a lot by advance, I try a lot of thing but I don't understand that !

Happy new year to everybody.
Can someone with a KM6 Deluxe confirm that Kodi is actually outputting 4K video correctly for them.

I have just received my KM6 and as far as I can tell Kodi is downscaling to 1920x1080.

I’ve checked the Kodi player info that appears when pressing the z key and by playing test videos containing patterns that only display correctly when not being downscaled. When I play the videos using the Android TV video player they look much better than when they are played with the Kodi video player.
(2022-01-16, 19:53)keving Wrote: Can someone with a KM6 Deluxe confirm that Kodi is actually outputting 4K video correctly for them.

I have just received my KM6 and as far as I can tell Kodi is downscaling to 1920x1080.

I’ve checked the Kodi player info that appears when pressing the z key and by playing test videos containing patterns that only display correctly when not being downscaled. When I play the videos using the Android TV video player they look much better than when they are played with the Kodi video player.
I just tested my KM6 Deluxe using a 4k Movie with HDR10 at 24fps, and no issues.  My TV shows 2180p resolution even when playing a 1080p video.
(2022-01-17, 01:19)clarkss12 Wrote: I just tested my KM6 Deluxe using a 4k Movie with HDR10 at 24fps, and no issues.  My TV shows 2180p resolution even when playing a 1080p video.

Mine does as well. However, I think that is because the display resolution in the Android TV device settings is set to 4K. From what I can tell, Kodi is downscaling and the KM6 hardware is then upscaling it again which means you aren’t getting 4K.

If you have a keyboard attached you can press z while playing a video in Kodi. This will tell you the video dimensions and output dimensions.

I’ve also checked this by downloading and playing this video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/edpgtb83k7gisc....webm?dl=0

When I play the video using the Android TV video player the 1px and 2px circles in the video look much better than when they are played using Kodi.
Does the KM6 classic have auto frame rate switching? The classic looks a bit of a bargain but I've had bad luck with some of these devices.

For those saying AFR should be app driven, trust me, you are wrong... the inconvenience of the occasional black/refreshing screen far outweighs the inconvenience of scrambling to find the correct refresh rate for the content you are watching which in the UK is a big problem.

At the moment, I'm of the opinion that people should just wait a little bit and stick with an archaic S905X or S912 running a custom ROM with a dual boot of Kodi + Android 9 with Afrd system daemon. From what I've read on Reddit, it's not such a big problem in the USA, perhaps the judder is less noticeable(?) but in Britain, no frame rate matching is a real pain. Sport in particular is totally unwatchable and most free to air content from on demand services looks absolutely terrible which means these Android boxes are just glorified movie players and I don't need to spend 100 quid for that when a Chromecast 1st Gen can be picked up for £10 and 3rd Gen for £20 and do the same (also no AFR)

For years, I got away with this because I have been a committed Pi1/2/3 + Kodi man. Sadly the unofficial Kodi add-on that worked with my subscription provider has gone kaput or been blocked and I've been told there will be no further dev which prompted me to dig out my old Tanix S912. I was quickly reminded why Android TV is (at least stock) a waste of time, until I found Afrd which has finally given me a solution to this irritating problem.

I even picked up a Fire Stick 4K before Christmas and was gutted to find out the frame rate switching is done at an app level and almost no apps support it, which makes the Fire Stick is almost useless unless I can get Archos Player to work (claims to do frame rate switching), which I've admittedly not tried yet.

But there's light at the end of the tunnel... Android 12 has auto frame rate switching built in.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?su...1638414453

To me, this is a massive step forward... Assuming it is done correctly. So just sit tight and use those EOL boxes for a bit longer. Now is the wrong time to spaff 150 quid on a box.
This box does NOT passthrough the DTS-HD and TRUE-HD audio codecs.
This box DOES play the AV1 video codec, so must be your projector.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0