• Optical
  • 1 x USB2.0
  • 1 x USB3.0
  • Micro SD card slot
  • DC IN

https://www.mecoolonline.com/collections/mecool-km6
Expected Release Date: October 30, 2020
Pricing: TBA
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
The 'deluxe edition' is fugly IMHO. Hope there's a black version.
(2020-10-06, 01:01)hdmkv Wrote: The 'deluxe edition' is fugly IMHO. Hope there's a black version.

Agreed though looks don’t matter too much for a device most people are hardly ever going to look at. I’m more concerned with the functionality and the lack of Netflix certification means that this and other Mecool devices are non-starters for most customers.  If they could get that sorted out they’d be the best value boxes on the market.
TV: Sony XBR-65X950G  A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H (Atmos 5.2.4)  UHD: Panasonic DP-UB820  BD: Sony BDP-S6200 (Region Free)
Media Players: 2019 Nvidia SHIELD TV Pro, 2015 Nvidia SHIELD TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max, S905X3 CoreELEC Device
True; can hide it behind the TV or cabinet Smile. Netflix will always be a tough one for Chinese manufacturers, and almost always a hack.
(2020-10-06, 01:01)hdmkv Wrote: The 'deluxe edition' is fugly IMHO. Hope there's a black version.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......  I really like that look..........
Nice tv box! 

//dfinikis
Could not resist.  Ordered mine 2 days ago from Aliexpress.
(2021-01-15, 15:13)clarkss12 Wrote: Could not resist.  Ordered mine 2 days ago from Aliexpress.

Mecool KM6 Deluxe Edition - Netflix: SD ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Verizon Stream TV Gen 2 - Netflix: 4K ?

The Verizon box does have Netflix 4K I believe.

@clarkss12, I asked this of the YT'er on KM6 Deluxe and haven't gotten a reply. Look forward to you informing us Smile
Quote:Is HLG HDR supported from YouTube? Does your TV indicate HLG? Also for local media, Prime Video and Disney+, is 23.976 supported, or does content play at 60? Finally, is ATMOS supported for local media; what about DTS-HD MA?
(2021-01-16, 02:05)hdmkv Wrote: The Verizon box does have Netflix 4K I believe.

@clarkss12, I asked this of the YT'er on KM6 Deluxe and haven't gotten a reply. Look forward to you informing us Smile
Quote:Is HLG HDR supported from YouTube? Does your TV indicate HLG? Also for local media, Prime Video and Disney+, is 23.976 supported, or does content play at 60? Finally, is ATMOS supported for local media; what about DTS-HD MA?

It maybe awhile before I receive my box, they have not even shipped it yet. 

I have the Mecool KM1 already, but as with all of these types of devices, they lack features.  

Now that I have the HDHomeRun Connect 4k, and they are broadcasting in HEVC with Dolby AC-4, these Mecool boxes show that they support the audio codec, but it doesn't work. My Nvidia and Tivo 4k are the two Android devices that have audio using the HDHomeRun app with the HEVC channels.

My KM1 only plays my 4k  Vudu movies in HD and not UHD, hoping the KM6 deluxe will play in UHD, but I doubt it.  But as I recall only my Nvidia Shield plays my 4k Vudu movies in 4k (Android devices).  

I am guessing that most of your questions will be a resounding "NO".... Smile

I have no real reason to purchase that new Mecool box, knowing that it will fall shot of my wants (not expectations).  Still searching for the holy grail of Android boxes..........
BTW, for some reason, I hate my Shield and rarely use it...... 

Out of Allllllllll of my boxes that I have acquired over the last few years, that Beelink GS King X (formfactor with 2 internal drive bays), is my favorite.......  I am running Alvatech's ATV ROM, and the "file server" is great for my needs.......  Surprisingly, even Vudu and Google Play movies play in HD with DD+, which it totally amazing since it is not Google Certified.
For several years, I was using my 4TB WD (SiliconDust Kickstarter) as my HDHomeRun DVR, I finally  shut it down and now using my GS King X as my HDHomeRun DVR.  I am even running the Emby server running on it.........
But, my needs and wants are completely different from the mainstream.......  Today, all people want to do is just stream, and any Google Certified box or Roku, etc. will work for them.  I don't know anyone that I would recommend my devices to.
(2020-10-06, 01:35)88keyz Wrote:

Agreed though looks don’t matter too much for a device most people are hardly ever going to look at. I’m more concerned with the functionality and the lack of Netflix certification means that this and other Mecool devices are non-starters for most customers.  If they could get that sorted out they’d be the best value boxes on the market.
honestly if Netflix come to the Party & give Cert. this Box will be the market leader for a cheap Android TV set Box - it's all about Mecool paying $$$ to Netflix - look at the big picture people are already paying their Subscription to Netflix monthly although other Manfct want to restrict market ...
(2021-01-16, 02:05)hdmkv Wrote: The Verizon box does have Netflix 4K I believe.

Received my KM6 Deluxe today and been doing some testing.  Very positive news........  Disney+ DOES automatically switch frame rate to 24hz with HDR 10.  The switching is very fast, in that the screen only flickers very briefly, while switching frame rates.  The setting for frame rate switching is called HDMI self-adaptation.  I can't test Dolby Vision because my Visio P65Q9-H1 doesn't show it, even though it is supposed to support it.  The picture quality is  fantastic, compared to my 4.5 year old sammy that I replaced.

This box still does NOT passthrough the HD audio codecs, nor does it play VC-1 files natively.
One biggie that I was hoping for was the ability to play Vudu (Google Play Movies) in UHD, but alas, it only plays my purchased UHD movies in HD..  

I really don't know who this device is made for, since it does not support Netflix natively, that rules out most of the media consumers........  Since it does NOT passthrough the HD audio codecs, it eliminates the cinema buffs..........

I just buy them to see what they can do.........  I already have the KM 1, which just one version behind this one........  I also have the KM8 in a drawer someplace.......

Overall, I am very pleased with it, but have no idea who in my family I could recommend it to... I don't even know anyone in my family that I can give all my retired boxes to.....Guess I am too far out in left field.....  The crazy uncle......
Thanks for your impressions @clarkss12. This may support Netflix HD with sideloaded apk. May also support Amazon Prime 4K, or at least HD.

I assume the box is snappier than S905X3. But, guessing CoreELEC, when S904X support is added, won’t work on this?
(2021-02-04, 15:18)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks for your impressions @clarkss12. This may support Netflix HD with sideloaded apk. May also support Amazon Prime 4K, or at least HD.

I assume the box is snappier than S905X3. But, guessing CoreELEC, when S904X support is added, won’t work on this?

Just installed a modded Netflix app from Freaktab.  Wow, all I can say is WOW.  IT plays in HDR AND automatically switches the frame rate to match the video being played.  It is just like the official Netflix app, and is controlled by the remote, and it can be added to the home screen as all the official Android TV OS apps.
https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-play...post820104
(2021-02-04, 15:18)hdmkv Wrote: Thanks for your impressions @clarkss12. This may support Netflix HD with sideloaded apk. May also support Amazon Prime 4K, or at least HD.

Correct, it has a locked bootloader, so NO  dual booting of another OS.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0