• 5(current)
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
(2021-04-24, 14:45)clarkss12 Wrote: I now have a Netflix apk that plays in HD using the Android TV OS (NO mouse required), made for Google Certified Mecool Devices.  It plays in 1080p with DD+ audio, but does NOT change the frame rate..........
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mecool Google Certified devices

KD1 Netflix 1080P with DD+ audio.
KM6 Deluxe  Netflix 1080p with DD+ audio
KM1 Netflix 1080p with DD+ audio
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KM8 Google Certified but Netflix will NOT run

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

M8S Pro L Widevine Level 1, Netflix would not run.  
KM9 running KM9pro, Widevine level 1.  Netflix would NOT run

Do you have a link for the Netflix apk that works on the deluxe?  Looked on the youtube channel and the google drive link no longer works.
(2021-04-29, 05:29)Smuttychef Wrote:
(2021-04-24, 14:45)clarkss12 Wrote: I now have a Netflix apk that plays in HD using the Android TV OS (NO mouse required), made for Google Certified Mecool Devices.  It plays in 1080p with DD+ audio, but does NOT change the frame rate..........
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mecool Google Certified devices

KD1 Netflix 1080P with DD+ audio.
KM6 Deluxe  Netflix 1080p with DD+ audio
KM1 Netflix 1080p with DD+ audio
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

KM8 Google Certified but Netflix will NOT run

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

M8S Pro L Widevine Level 1, Netflix would not run.  
KM9 running KM9pro, Widevine level 1.  Netflix would NOT run

Do you have a link for the Netflix apk that works on the deluxe?  Looked on the youtube channel and the google drive link no longer works.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SdTRwSh...E5Fwq/view
Thanks for the link.

Are there any risks using modded Netflix app... such as netflix getting pissed and killing my account?
(2021-04-29, 18:49)Smuttychef Wrote: Thanks for the link.

Are there any risks using modded Netflix app... such as netflix getting pissed and killing my account?

Anything is possible.......  This Netflix apk, ONLY works on the Mecool devices that have the proper hardware security levels......
Hi all,

I'm looking for a device to replace my aging Zidoo X8.  Primary usage is for Kodi with some retro gaming and streaming as secondary (not currently fussed about the Netflix issues)  I see from this thread and a youtube review that the HDMI self-adaption 'part mode' auto switches framerates with sources at 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94hz.  Can anyone here confirm what the 'total mode' setting does?  Does it include 24, 25 and 30hz?  Also, does the resolution auto-switch as well?  Thanks in advance...
(2021-02-28, 15:31)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 10:07)noggin Wrote:
(2021-02-11, 01:21)clarkss12 Wrote: Yes, verified that the frame rate switching is done by the OS and NOT by Kodi.  And YES, it does cause issues with any resolution less than 1080p..... Specifically 480i and 1080i.  But it can be disabled, if desired........
So does that mean that playback of 480i, 576i and 1080i (three of the four most common standards for OTA/terrestrial, satellite and cable TV - with 720p being the other) are non-starters for frame rate switching in Kodi with this box?  If so - that's a real red flag for anyone who uses Kodi with a PVR back-end (TV Headend, VDR etc.)

(Is it just interlaced modes that are problematic - or is 720p also an issue?)
Only the interlaced videos have that issue, NOT the 720p media.  So, Yes, I have to disable that feature when watching media broadcast with those interlaced media.  I have been providing Mecool with information on the issues their firmware has.   I also have the HDHomeRun Connect 4k tuner, and those HEVC channels don't have that issue.

The KM6 Deluxe ALWAYS displayed "HDR 10" under my TV's stats for nerds. no matter what media I was playing.  I emailed them about that issue, and they corrected it.  A couple of days ago, they sent me a firmware to test, and it solved that issue.
just for clarification here - does the updated firmware actually fix the always on HDR output or just fix the display showing HDR10 regardless of media encoding?
(2021-05-07, 23:39)literally Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 10:07)noggin Wrote: So does that mean that playback of 480i, 576i and 1080i (three of the four most common standards for OTA/terrestrial, satellite and cable TV - with 720p being the other) are non-starters for frame rate switching in Kodi with this box?  If so - that's a real red flag for anyone who uses Kodi with a PVR back-end (TV Headend, VDR etc.)

Only the interlaced videos have that issue, NOT the 720p media.  So, Yes, I have to disable that feature when watching media broadcast with those interlaced media.  I have been providing Mecool with information on the issues their firmware has.   I also have the HDHomeRun Connect 4k tuner, and those HEVC channels don't have that issue.

The KM6 Deluxe ALWAYS displayed "HDR 10" under my TV's stats for nerds. no matter what media I was playing.  I emailed them about that issue, and they corrected it.  A couple of days ago, they sent me a firmware to test, and it solved that issue.
just for clarification here - does the updated firmware actually fix the always on HDR output or just fix the display showing HDR10 regardless of media encoding?
I don't have a way of confirming it, since I no longer have a 4k TV that does NOT support HDR.  I can say that when playing a NON HDR video my TV stats does NOT show HDR.  When I play an HDR10 video, my TV stats show HDR 10.
(2021-02-28, 10:07)noggin Wrote: So does that mean that playback of 480i, 576i and 1080i (three of the four most common standards for OTA/terrestrial, satellite and cable TV - with 720p being the other) are non-starters for frame rate switching in Kodi with this box?  If so - that's a real red flag for anyone who uses Kodi with a PVR back-end (TV Headend, VDR etc.)

Yes, it does at least in my case
(2021-05-09, 10:29)bilalsbz Wrote:
(2021-02-28, 15:31)clarkss12 Wrote: Only the interlaced videos have that issue, NOT the 720p media.  So, Yes, I have to disable that feature when watching media broadcast with those interlaced media.  I have been providing Mecool with information on the issues their firmware has.   I also have the HDHomeRun Connect 4k tuner, and those HEVC channels don't have that issue.

Yes, it does at least in my case
thank you.  i actually emailed mecool asking about the bug and they replied with the same firmware posted here. 
so i guess this is the box to get that uses the S905x4 and 4gb/32gb+ ram/rom in the $100 US price range with google certification?
it will only be used for kodi with local network file playback and youtube so not concerned with streaming limitations.
Two questions:

1. Have you try to play 4Ktest_red_border_loop sample to check real 4K or fake?

2. Anyone has KM6 classic and can confirm that has also auto frame rate switch?
(2021-05-10, 22:01)farben Wrote: Two questions:

#2. - I've already asked this question.  The HDMI self-adaption 'part mode' definitely auto switches framerates with sources at 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 which is great for users in the US.  Being in the UK, I want to know if the 'total mode' setting does 25fps.  Also. I've noticed that some shows are now in 24fps (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier for instance) so would like to know if a true 24fps source shows play smoothly as well.  As we all know, 23.976 commonly known as 24hz/fps is not the same as true 24 and stuttering will still occur if correct switching isn't happening.  Can anyone who has this box confirm please?
(2021-05-11, 21:48)Underwurlde Wrote:

#2. - I've already asked this question.  The HDMI self-adaption 'part mode' definitely auto switches framerates with sources at 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 which is great for users in the US.  Being in the UK, I want to know if the 'total mode' setting does 25fps.  Also. I've noticed that some shows are now in 24fps (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier for instance) so would like to know if a true 24fps source shows play smoothly as well.  As we all know, 23.976 commonly known as 24hz/fps is not the same as true 24 and stuttering will still occur if correct switching isn't happening.  Can anyone who has this box confirm please?

I would be happy to test using my Mecool KM6 Deluxe, IF you can give a description on how to perform such test with 100% accuracy.  Will the test be dependent on the TV stats?
(2021-05-12, 15:18)clarkss12 Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 21:48)Underwurlde Wrote:

I would be happy to test using my Mecool KM6 Deluxe, IF you can give a description on how to perform such test with 100% accuracy.  Will the test be dependent on the TV stats?
Hi,

I guess the first thing to do go to settings and select the HDMI self adaptation 'total mode' and see if it lists any other framerate modes apart from the 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 modes listed on the 'part mode setting'  Due to the framerate switching happening at a system wide level and not a per-app level, you cannot use the Kodi stats to display what framerate is being used.  You would need to have your KM6 plugged into an AV receiver and then use the video info option on the receiver to confirm what output is being received from the KM6.  You would also need to acquire some known 24fps and 25fps material to play in Kodi.  FYI, I use Mediainfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) to verify the framerate details of MKV's / MP4's etc.
(2021-05-12, 16:51)Underwurlde Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 21:48)Underwurlde Wrote: #2. - I've already asked this question.  The HDMI self-adaption 'part mode' definitely auto switches framerates with sources at 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 which is great for users in the US.  Being in the UK, I want to know if the 'total mode' setting does 25fps.  Also. I've noticed that some shows are now in 24fps (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier for instance) so would like to know if a true 24fps source shows play smoothly as well.  As we all know, 23.976 commonly known as 24hz/fps is not the same as true 24 and stuttering will still occur if correct switching isn't happening.  Can anyone who has this box confirm please?

Hi,

I guess the first thing to do go to settings and select the HDMI self adaptation 'total mode' and see if it lists any other framerate modes apart from the 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 modes listed on the 'part mode setting' 

The "Total mode" has no listings.......  

Due to the framerate switching happening at a system wide level and not a per-app level, you cannot use the Kodi stats to display what framerate is being used.  You would need to have your KM6 plugged into an AV receiver and then use the video info option on the receiver to confirm what output is being received from the KM6.  You would also need to acquire some known 24fps and 25fps material to play in Kodi.  FYI, I use Mediainfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) to verify the framerate details of MKV's / MP4's etc.

Will do some testing and post back.
(2021-05-12, 16:51)Underwurlde Wrote:
(2021-05-11, 21:48)Underwurlde Wrote: #2. - I've already asked this question.  The HDMI self-adaption 'part mode' definitely auto switches framerates with sources at 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 which is great for users in the US.  Being in the UK, I want to know if the 'total mode' setting does 25fps.  Also. I've noticed that some shows are now in 24fps (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier for instance) so would like to know if a true 24fps source shows play smoothly as well.  As we all know, 23.976 commonly known as 24hz/fps is not the same as true 24 and stuttering will still occur if correct switching isn't happening.  Can anyone who has this box confirm please?

Hi,

I guess the first thing to do go to settings and select the HDMI self adaptation 'total mode' and see if it lists any other framerate modes apart from the 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94 modes listed on the 'part mode setting'  Due to the framerate switching happening at a system wide level and not a per-app level, you cannot use the Kodi stats to display what framerate is being used.  You would need to have your KM6 plugged into an AV receiver and then use the video info option on the receiver to confirm what output is being received from the KM6.  You would also need to acquire some known 24fps and 25fps material to play in Kodi.  FYI, I use Mediainfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) to verify the framerate details of MKV's / MP4's etc.

I ran this test clip using Kodi and it switched to 50fps as shown on my stats on my Vizio TV..... (H.264 1080p/50.000 (MKV))

I ran this test clip using Kodi and it switched to 25fps as shown on stats on my Vizio TV  (H.264 1080p/25.000 (MKV))

Is this the information you are looking for??
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0