MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
(2021-05-14, 04:00)yrgodfather Wrote: I have a had MECOOL KM6 Deluxe for few months now and really liking it for reaons in comparison to MI Box S which I had been using for few years now -

1. Navigation is much fatser because of 4GB RAM instead 2GB (MI Box S)
2. Remote is smoother than MI Box S BT remote
3. I have 900/400MBPS Internet plan and get 900MBPS speed over its LAN Adopter and around 300--400MBPS on 5G Wifi (Channel 36), I never could get more than 150MBPS Speed on MI Box S 5G Wifi, no LAN unfortunetly on MI BOX S whatsoever

I have few concerns and need your help on MECOOL KM6 Deluxe -

1. I can't seem to pair my BT Sony PS4 controller with MECOOL KM6, it either don't show on discovery mode or stuck at paining mode. I can use the controller wired though
2. I had Asphalt 9 showing on Play Store which I think is taken off, I can only see Asphat 8. Anyone have APK for Asphalt 9
3. Anyone knows any Admin app where I can upload my APK and see in client  App on MECOOL Box
4. Netflix App I have only supports SD and not UHD 4K videos, please share working link of Netflix App which supports HDR on UHD and QLED TV's I have
5. I saw on some MECOOL KM6 Deluxe Youtube video that when you select apps like Youtube, Disney+, Prime ...it shows recommendations on Top slider page which really looks awesome. Anyone knows how to enable that or any other App to enable that?
6. Is that remotes comes with it is BT or IR?
7. Anyone faces its heating issue and fixed that?
8. Can the name be changed in System settinngs from "KM6" to somethign else?
9. Anyone knows how to root MECOOL KM6 Deluxe ?

Thnaks in advance
The Netflix apk link is on page 5 of this thread, graciously donated by clarkss12 (thanks dude).  Works fine for HD, no idea if that version has 4k support or not.  Would be interesting to know so let us know if it works for you.
Remote is BT but you already know this, first thing the box does on first boot is pair the remote.
It does run warm, noticed that the first time I turned it on.  I haven't had any issues with it though but I don't game on it so I'm not really pushing it.  There are cheap fans/coolers for cell phones and laptops that could work if you're really that concerned.  Be aware though if you start blowing air into the box you're also blowing dust into the box and this will just make the heat issue worse in the long run. 
Why do you need this rooted?  Just curious.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC - by Smuttychef - 2021-05-15, 18:53

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.