MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC
(2021-05-24, 13:15)snefftamas Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 05:20)clarkss12 Wrote:  

Hi please tell me if this passthrought DD 5.1 and DTS via optical cable to amplifier. I saw you wrote it does not HD audio, but what about  DD 5.1 and DTS?  I dives me crazy there is absolutly nothing about anywhere! How would I use it with my home theatre set up without DD 5.1 and DTS? It would be nonsense. Thanks!

The short answer is sort of.  I have an older HT receiver that supports DD5.1 (ac3) through optical and coax in.  In Kodi I can enable pass-through and ac3 transcoding so 5.1 content works fine, I get full fat dolby digital and it sounds the way it should.  DTS should work as well but I can't confirm because my receiver doesn't support it.  
Streaming services like Netflix and Prime running through Android TV however are a bit sketchy.  AFAIK they (streaming services) only support eAC3 not AC3 and (i've read) that optical cables don't meet the bandwidth requirement, HDMI is required to pass the audio data correctly.  eAC3 is supposed to contain legacy support for the older standard BUT that would have to be supported by the OS or streaming app as it is in Kodi.  If a receiver has HDMI in then it should decode and play properly I think, maybe, possibly.  There are so many digital audio codecs that I think it's pretty much a crap-shoot unless you have a newer AV Receiver with specific support for all the codecs from Dolby Surround to Atmos and everything in between.  In my case my receiver is obsolete and in desperate need on an upgrade.  RIP Yamaha RX-V595, you served me well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC - by Smuttychef - 2021-05-24, 20:46

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Series w/ Amlogic S905X4 SoC0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.