Issues with .nfo files
I thought I finally had my library sorted, all artists have images and bios, fixed all the special character problems, etc. But scrolling through I've noticed several artists have the wrong bio. Probably irrelevant but a lot of these would have been exported before the Artist Info folder was introduced.

Example

So now I've refreshed those, and everything seems to be sorted. Looking at the wiki it says some things in the nfo files won't be overwritten. My plan is to

1. Make a backup of current music and Artist Info folders
2. Delete all artist.nfo and album.nfo files from music and Artist Info folders
3. Export all to "library folders"

And in theory this should export new .nfo files with the correct info to the respective folders. album.nfo files to the music folder and artist.nfo files to the Artist Info folder, correct? Or should I export to "separate files for each item" into a "new" folder, then copy/replace the problem files?
Either will work @burcs 

If it is just a few artists then I would probably export artists to "separate files for each item" into a "new" folder, then copy/replace the problem files
After a ton of trial and error I finally got it sorted, seems it was an ASCII character issue with mariadb. Well not just mariadb, as I took the problem albums/artists to my backup PC to rule out mariadb and still had issues, but even after fixing those issues 2 out of 7 albums still wouldn't scan with local info on either machine. At least on the initial scan (change info provider > set for all albums > local info only > yes to refresh all). But if I went back to the individual albums and refreshed again they would work. Bizarre. But even after refreshing on the desktop (where the mariadb is) I'd go to say a Firestick and the same two albums were still not correct, I'd have to manually refresh those, too.

I just copiy/pasted the template from the wiki in np++, then manually typed everything out instead of c/p from a website or the other corrupt .nfos. Dropped tables in the db, deleted userdata folder, re-imported everything and all seems to be working, on all devices.
It's probably a good idea to include in your my.cnf / my.ini

xml:

[mysqld]
character-set-server=utf8mb4

as that is the most complete set of characters. Also recommend for creating tables for programmers as the most future-proof option.
(2020-10-12, 10:39)HeresJohnny Wrote: It's probably a good idea to include in your my.cnf / my.ini

xml:

[mysqld]
character-set-server=utf8mb4

as that is the most complete set of characters. Also recommend for creating tables for programmers as the most future-proof option.

That just gives me error 1067 and mysql crashes trying to restart the service. If I put it under "client" it will restart, but not sure if it's doing anything (Mariadb 5.2 win7).
(2020-10-14, 17:47)burcs Wrote: (Mariadb 5.2 win7).

All bets are off... is that version even from this millenium? Tongue
https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_MySQL Minimum supported version is 5.5.
(2020-10-15, 17:09)HeresJohnny Wrote:
(2020-10-14, 17:47)burcs Wrote: (Mariadb 5.2 win7).

All bets are off... is that version even from this millenium? Tongue
https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_MySQL Minimum supported version is 5.5.

I suspected that might be an issue. First installer I tried said win10 only. So I searched "mariadb win7" and was under the impression that was the lastest version. But I found the deprecation page and 10.4.12 is the last version, but all the download links are 404. 10.3.25 is the highest version with a working link so giving that a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with .nfo files0