v19 Kodi 19 HLG dosnt work properly
Testet with latest Kodi 19 alpha 2 Windows 10 with latest nvidia drivers (GTX 1650)
Used this test video: http://www.lelabodejay.com/files/videos/...50MBPS.mp4

When i play this video directly from the TV (LG OLED...) satturation is correct and TV is in HLG Mode. But when i play with Kodi 19 the TV is in standart HDR10 Mode and the image is too pale.

Is it a Kodi, Win10 or nVIDIA problem? When its a nvidia or Win10 problem a workaround might be to adjust satturation on HLG files (automatallicy)

Please see the images here: https://imgur.com/s7w1nhS and here: https://imgur.com/Kj1rXOu

btw: im a donator pls some admin can edit it in my forum profile Wink
Can you give details of your donation(s) - when, which method and how much, and we can look into it.

If you'd prefer to do it privately, then send me a PM with the details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-10-09, 09:20)DarrenHill Wrote: Can you give details of your donation(s) - when, which method and how much, and we can look into it.

If you'd prefer to do it privately, then send me a PM with the details.

Gee11 patreon
Please provide a debug log of you playing that file.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2020-10-09, 14:07)jjd-uk Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

ok the logs will follow
Have you read the first post here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349861 as that contains setting recommendations. All the work jogal did has now been merged so Kodi 19 alpha 2 should contain everything he's done so no need for any of the special builds mentioned in that thread anymore, but the setting tips will apply to Kodi 19 alpha 2.

Once you've provided the log then perhaps @jogal will be kind enough to take a look.
@Gee11 ok, found and confirmed your donation.

Apologies for the delay in recognition, enjoy it! Smile
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-10-09, 17:39)DarrenHill Wrote: @Gee11 ok, found and confirmed your donation.

Apologies for the delay in recognition, enjoy it! Smile

thx
logs are postet here: https://paste.kodi.tv/sawulebowo.kodi

i belive win10 and nvidia dosnt support HLG. It does support only standart HDR10. So watching UHD live TV channels is not fine.. to workaround this i think the only solution is to handle HLG on win10 systems as SDR. So the colors and satturation are correct. Till nvidia and microsoft implement native HLG Mode

BTW: with CoreElec (on Amlogic devices) HLG and HDR works fine and as it should
Did you tried pixel shaders in player/render metod?
(2020-10-09, 22:52)Gee11 Wrote: logs are postet here: https://paste.kodi.tv/sawulebowo.kodi

i belive win10 and nvidia dosnt support HLG. It does support only standart HDR10. So watching UHD live TV channels is not fine.. to workaround this i think the only solution is to handle HLG on win10 systems as SDR. So the colors and satturation are correct. Till nvidia and microsoft implement native HLG Mode

Win10 does support HLG and the Kodi code supports HLG, however I'm not sure is anything specific is needed in the GPU drivers.

From the log Line 2149 I can see Windows toggles to HDR on when playback is started, then later on Line 2199 Kodi attempts to setup rendering for HLG, but on next line is an error then later on Line 2227 Kodi falls back to setting SDR rendering. So it would seem to me that L2220 and L2221 are possibly the issue here, that indicates it's perhaps due to the scaling method configured, but unfortunately I do not know enough about the inner workings to know what exactly that means. My only suggestion is while playing the video is to open the OSD overlay then go to Video settings and in there you'll find a setting for Video scaling method which should be Auto by default, if not set to Auto then set it to that, if it is Auto then try each of the other methods one at a time to see if that makes any difference (note- after changing scaling method you will need to stop playback and then restart playback to see if Kodi can then configure the HDR rendering)
(2020-10-12, 15:31)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 22:52)Gee11 Wrote: logs are postet here: https://paste.kodi.tv/sawulebowo.kodi

Win10 does support HLG and the Kodi code supports HLG, however I'm not sure is anything specific is needed in the GPU drivers.

From the log Line 2149 I can see Windows toggles to HDR on when playback is started, then later on Line 2199 Kodi attempts to setup rendering for HLG, but on next line is an error then later on Line 2227 Kodi falls back to setting SDR rendering. So it would seem to me that L2220 and L2221 are possibly the issue here, that indicates it's perhaps due to the scaling method configured, but unfortunately I do not know enough about the inner workings to know what exactly that means. My only suggestion is while playing the video is to open the OSD overlay then go to Video settings and in there you'll find a setting for Video scaling method which should be Auto by default, if not set to Auto then set it to that, if it is Auto then try each of the other methods one at a time to see if that makes any difference (note- after changing scaling method you will need to stop playback and then restart playback to see if Kodi can then configure the HDR rendering)

nothing of the above works..
Sorry to say I can't help you any further then in getting HDR out. Perhaps @jogal can take a look when he next logs back on, he's not been on forum for a couple of weeks, so maybe taking holiday or simply taking time out, so you may have to be patient.

In the meantime, you can try and get the HDR to SDR tone mapping looking correct, first make sure you are using Render Method - Pixel Shaders (vital to ensure correct HDR - SDR tone mapping) then when playing HDR video go to the OSD video settings, find the Tome Mapping setting and ensure Reinhard is selected to enable tone mapping, and if things still look off then try adjusting the Tone mapping parameter.
Apparently the problem is that the HLG flag is not activated so the TV not recognizes that it's an HLG signal.

It can be many things: HLG pass-through needs the entire chain to be HDMI 2.0b (it is not supported in HDMI 2.0a), this already leaves out many systems.

To be honest, I have only done specific tests and this for many months (they were other NVIDIA drivers and Windows 1903-1909) it is not something that I use and unlike HDR10 that is well tested I cannot ensure that it works perfectly. Although I think there are other forum users who do use PVR / Live TV (4K channels) and the last comments were that it worked well.

Right now I can't do tests because I no longer have the NVIDIA GTX 1650.

Some things to try here is to reinstall the NVIDIA drivers with the default/clean settings (chose advanced install and check "Perform a clean installation"). If the signal goes through an AVR make sure it is HLG compliant or try connecting the PC directly to the TV.

Another test that may give some clue is to disable "Use HDR display capabilities" in Kodi Player/Settings and play the HLG content in SDR (with Windows HDR OFF) and then manually enable HLG on the TV (HDMI video settings - color space / HDR type).

HLG has no metadata and does not need tone-mapping: it uses the same signal for SDR and HDR therefore forcing the TV to the BT.2020 color space and HLG transfer should always obtain a correct image. This would confirm that the only thing missing is that the HLG flag is activated which makes the TV switch to the correct mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 HLG dosnt work properly0