• 16(current)
Alpha GTV
Awesome work is the skin ready to be used to add content sorry for asking just wanted to try it out
Thank you so much for responding to my requests and wishes!) And even described in detail about each skin feature separately ... I will respectfully treat your work and your work and will not rush you with this ...) I will humbly and look forward to all changes and updates! Thank you again!)
(2021-04-14, 20:22)ontap Wrote: No Problem, great skin.
One more question please , When selecting "standard widget" ,I cant see an option to set a widget from an addon ?  ie a section from a video addon , YouTube for example.

There are no add-on widgets yet, not until I fix up the add-on content views.

Hang tight, I'm working on it and it should be in the next update.
(2021-04-15, 17:23)roidy Wrote:
(2021-04-14, 20:22)ontap Wrote: No Problem, great skin.
One more question please , When selecting "standard widget" ,I cant see an option to set a widget from an addon ?  ie a section from a video addon , YouTube for example.

There are no add-on widgets yet, not until I fix up the add-on content views.

Hang tight, I'm working on it and it should be in the next update.

That is great news!!!
Release:-

0.1.2~alpha - 18 Apr 2021
   - New genres / studios / years / countries view 
   - Switched over to script.skinvariables to manage views (hopefully it makes managing them easier, only time will tell)
   - Added OSD auto close
   - Added skin settings to control the brightness of various effects like the widget color brightness and the library fanart bottom mask + others
   - Add-on widget are now selectable in the setup menu

@zeroq Give the new genres / studios / years / countries view a try, not exactly like your picture but I think it fits in with the current library view better.
Hey, I just installed the skin and wanted to say it looked great so far! I'm honestly not a huge fan of the GTV interface but I like what you have done with it here! One question about a potential future feature I do have, is there any plans to have the option to make places you would see show/movie titles to display their clearlogos? I would personally love that, but was just wondering if that is even planned or not, like seen in this picture? Thanks a lot!ImageImage
@Logs22 Clear logos have been asked for before so it is on my to do list, just not very high at the moment.

I discuss clear logos in this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3015458
(2021-04-18, 13:45)roidy Wrote: @Logs22 Clear logos have been asked for before so it is on my to do list, just not very high at the moment.

I discuss clear logos in this post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3015458
ah didn't see that, Thanks for the response!
(2021-04-18, 12:13)roidy Wrote: Release:-

- Switched over to script.skinvariables to manage views (hopefully it makes managing them easier, only time will tell)
   - Added OSD auto close
   - Added skin settings to control the brightness of various effects like the widget color brightness and the library fanart bottom mask + others

@zeroq Give the new genres / studios / years / countries view a try, not exactly like your picture but I think it fits in with the current library view better.
Thanks a lot for the update. Especially for the autoclose OSD!
(2021-02-21, 20:58)roidy Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 20:28)jokero009 Wrote: The only thing I do not know how to add widgets, the settings of the skin itself are not yet available ...

You can't add widgets and to be honest I don't think there ever will be the option to customise the widgets. I've tried on numerous occasions to integrate skinshortcuts, I've read the skinshortcuts docs but I just can't get my head around how it works.... I'm just stupid I guess Sad
Quote:And I would like to please, if you can add the logo feature .. were not in the main menu but for example, when you click Movies and widgets appear there from top to bottom with a logo Smile It's just my dream! I will very much hope that something like this will appear ..) But for now, at least just the possibility of a logo instead of a name) It would be more beautiful Smile Thank you very much again!)

I already discussed this in an earlier reply.... While all clearlogos have the same size and aspect ratio there is no set standard for the actual logo size/position with in that image frame. What this means is that while some clearlogos look perfectly fine others don't line up with the rest of the items on the screen and end up looking odd. I will eventually add support for them but it won't be the default setting and isn't high on the list of things to do Smile
I cheat by bottom-left aligning all my clearlogos so then I know for sure they'll line up well with text underneath them Big Grin
(2021-04-18, 12:13)roidy Wrote: Release:-

- Added OSD auto close

This is majestic! It looks so good with all my widgets displayed on my home. To be honest in my bucket list there's not much other than trakt watched indicators, display not yet released episodes in red and a square view of the add-ons on the home as widget. The only thing I noticed is that when I stop the playback and I go back on the home all the widgets have the spinning buffer thing at the beginning of each widgets that last a few seconds..wanted to report that..in case I'll upload a picture of it if you don't know what I mean Wink
Also noticed in the picture above the tmdb rating..it doesn't appear on my setup..do I have to do something?thanks
(2021-04-18, 17:03)QuizKid Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 20:58)roidy Wrote:
(2021-02-21, 20:28)jokero009 Wrote: The only thing I do not know how to add widgets, the settings of the skin itself are not yet available ...

You can't add widgets and to be honest I don't think there ever will be the option to customise the widgets. I've tried on numerous occasions to integrate skinshortcuts, I've read the skinshortcuts docs but I just can't get my head around how it works.... I'm just stupid I guess Sad
Quote:And I would like to please, if you can add the logo feature .. were not in the main menu but for example, when you click Movies and widgets appear there from top to bottom with a logo Smile It's just my dream! I will very much hope that something like this will appear ..) But for now, at least just the possibility of a logo instead of a name) It would be more beautiful Smile Thank you very much again!)

I already discussed this in an earlier reply.... While all clearlogos have the same size and aspect ratio there is no set standard for the actual logo size/position with in that image frame. What this means is that while some clearlogos look perfectly fine others don't line up with the rest of the items on the screen and end up looking odd. I will eventually add support for them but it won't be the default setting and isn't high on the list of things to do Smile
I cheat by bottom-left aligning all my clearlogos so then I know for sure they'll line up well with text underneath them Big Grin

That doesn't take into account the position of the actual logo in the image frame take the following two clearlogos:-

watch gallery

Left aligning isn't going to help when one logo has a larger amount of blank space that the others. The first logo will line up with anything below it but the second will always look offset to the right and wont line up. I think logos only look good if you can centre align them.
(2021-04-18, 17:20)Japangelo Wrote: Also noticed in the picture above the tmdb rating..it doesn't appear on my setup..do I have to do something?thanks

Should just need to set your scraper to use TMDb ratings as the default for both tv shows and movies.

watch gallery

Quote:The only thing I noticed is that when I stop the playback and I go back on the home all the widgets have the spinning buffer thing at the beginning of each widgets that last a few seconds..wanted to report that..

Yep, after playback stops Kodi refreshes all the widgets, I may remove the loading spinner if the widget is refreshing but already has content so it's more seamless.
Another nice evolution on your skin which is for me the uncluttered, the easiest to use, the most beautiful. I greatly appreciate your sharing and your listening.
My Emby next generation extension is functional, it is the base of my video library, in addition it allows me to choose the fanart of the moment, you should try it, the only problem is the display of film scores.

I struggle to put my labels in French, impossible to enter my TV shield to find the file to modify according to your advice

thanks again
(2021-04-18, 17:46)Gi0vann1 Wrote: My Emby next generation extension is functional, it is the base of my video library, in addition it allows me to choose the fanart of the moment, you should try it

Link please Smile

Quote:I struggle to put my labels in French, impossible to enter my TV shield to find the file to modify according to your advice

I'm going to start the process of translating the skin in the next week or two, I've just got to look into the process and see how it's done.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GTV0