• 1(current)
Alpha GTV
A rebrand and initial release.....

After seeing the new Chromecast with Google TV I fell in love with the new interface and thought it would be cool to try to replicate it in Kodi.

watch gallery

Initial alpha release has lots still missing but is usable for local video and music playback..... Basic add-on support included, still needs work.

I know what's missing so please don't comment just to tell me x or y is missing... Things will get added as I have time.

Massive shout out to @bsoriano for taking the time to explain how skinshortcuts works and answering a lot of questions.

Install Leia version from this repo Leia Repo

Install Matrix version from this repo Matrix repo

0.0.3~alpha - 8 Nov 2020
   - Added year and genre category to music section
   - fixed fallback artist artwork scaling

0.0.5~alpha - 24 Jan 2021
   - Made fanart larger
   - Added video onscreen settings
   - Added audio onscreen settings
   - Added subtitle onscreen settings (missing download dialog)

0.0.6~alpha - 21 Feb 2021
   - Added keyboard
   - Added subtitle download dialog
   - Added addon widgets to home screen, addons should be usable but the addon section is far from finished

0.0.7~alpha - 28 Feb 2021
   - Added Poster view to library
   - Added list view for video addons
   - Added program widget to home screen
   - Finalized select and file browser dialogs

0.1.0~alpha - 11 Apr 2021
   - Initial implementation of skinshortcuts     **** PROBABLY  BUGGY - Use at you own risk ****

0.1.2~alpha - 18 Apr 2021
   - New genres / studios / years / countries view 
   - Switched over to script.skinvariables to manage views (hopefully it makes managing them easier, only time will tell)
   - Added OSD auto close
   - Added skin settings to control the brightness of various effects like the widget color brightness and the library fanart bottom mask + others
   - Add-on widget are now selectable in the setup menu

0.1.4~alpha - 3 May 2021
   - New season view that combines seasons and episodes
   - Added media source dialog
​​​​​​​   - General code clean up and refactor
Would love to see Google TV replicated almost on Kodi also love the new interface, the video is marked private though @roidy can't see it
(2020-10-10, 19:21)Supersilver Wrote: The video is marked private though @roidy can't see it

My bad.... sorry, try again. It's just a single page so far, just to see if I could do it.
No problem I can see it now, pretty nice start for a proof of concept I look forward to seeing how you improve it if you go through with it!
I was accompanied by his other skin, a pity that I was unable to install.
The presentation of google tv was very inspiring, it would be a great news if it could be replicated on the kodi, despite liking poster more than landscapes, this visualization for a good feeling
Xioami Mi Stick - Kodi 18.8
Libreelec 9.2.X - Kodi 18.8
Raspberry Pi 3
Spent most of today working on it, added the TV Shows widget page and got a good start on the main library view, movies, tv shows and sets.... no episodes yet.

Video updated in the first post Smile
it looks incredible, do you think that in the end the skin will be a burden on the system?
Raspberry Pi 3
(2020-10-12, 02:10)Castilho Wrote: it looks incredible, do you think that in the end the skin will be a burden on the system?

My test and development systems are low end hardware, an Odroid N2 S922 and a generic S905X3 android box, both running CoreELEC, and it runs fine with the GUI set to 4K, the video however is recorded on a Windows PC because that's the only way I can capture it.

Why do you think it would be a burden?
(2020-10-12, 17:34)roidy Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 02:10)Castilho Wrote: it looks incredible, do you think that in the end the skin will be a burden on the system?

My test and development systems are low end hardware, an Odroid N2 S922 and a generic S905X3 android box, both running CoreELEC, and it runs fine with the GUI set to 4K, the video however is recorded on a Windows PC because that's the only way I can capture it.

Why do you think it would be a burden?

I don't think it would be a burden, I was just afraid it would be a burden on low power devices
Raspberry Pi 3
OK, I understand. No I don't think it will be a burden as I said I've tested on a S905X3 device and it works fine.

The most taxing part is initially grabbing the colour of the artwork for the colour blur effect, but the next version of the service add-on will have caching so the colour is only generated once then every other time it can be quickly looked up.
I have two questions, is it done on top of any skin?
Do you have a date to release the beta?
The work is fantastic
Raspberry Pi 3
(2020-10-12, 18:24)Castilho Wrote: I have two questions, is it done on top of any skin?
Do you have a date to release the beta?
The work is fantastic

1. No it's created from scratch, I have used a few temporary thing from my other skin just to get it up and running, like the setting page and various dialogs, but they will be completely replaced.
2. No release date yet, what you see in the video is literally one weekends worth of work, and most of one afternoon was creating the service add-on for the colour effect.

I've just made some major improvements to the colour add-on so the grabbed colour is much closer to the actual image. Once I finish the main Movie / TV Show library I'll release a really early alpha build.
I will happy to try it
this is nice
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
I really like this skin and the whole idea of porting this experience to Kodi.

I started working on the exact same skin, but it's based on Estuary and it doesn't look as good as yours because I am a beginner in making Kodi skins.
Are you interested in making the whole experience (including Live TV, PVR, Games etc.) in the skin?
I am mostly focused on Live TV and I would be interested in contributing to your skin in case I don't finish my skin for the rest of the UX.

Your home screen really looks amazing and I like it a lot!

Best regards.
Updated first post with the Season / Episode view.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GTV0