Kodi 19 Explanation of new PVR Features
I have installed Kodi 19 because I was curious about the new PVR features.
Unfortunately I did not understand the PVR features from reading the feature list nor did I immediately "see" any changes by looking at the UI.
Below I have listed some of the features which look interesting to me

PVR reminders. -> what is this, where do I find it.
Guide window navigation controls -> cannot see any changes, using the default Estuary skin
Estuary PVR information dialog enhancements -> cannot see any changes, still poor use of screen estate on details of a tv show in Estuary skin.
Dynamic PVR categories for Estuary home screen -> what is meant by this?
Ability to sort channels and EPG by the backend order of channels -> this is not a new feature was already working in Kodi 18, wasn't it ?
Support for starting EPG entries as live -> what is meant by this?
New, Live, Finale and Premiere for EPG, recordings and timers -> what is meant by this?
Which backend are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-11, 04:42)Karellen Wrote: Which backend are you using?
TVheadend
Quote:PVR reminders. -> what is this, where do I find it.
It is in the context menu of a future EPG entry. Navigate to an EPG entry (in the future) and it is in the context menu. Set a reminder and when it time for the program to start, a dialog pops up allowing you to switch to that channel or to automatically record the program if no action is taken.
(2020-10-11, 11:03)LongMan Wrote:
Quote:PVR reminders. -> what is this, where do I find it.
It is in the context menu of a future EPG entry. Navigate to an EPG entry (in the future) and it is in the context menu. Set a reminder and when it time for the program to start, a dialog pops up allowing you to switch to that channel or to automatically record the program if no action is taken.
Thanks for the explanation. Would not have though that there is a need for such functionality but people are different.
I would like latest understanding/explanation on PVR TV Guide Navigation options. (I am using standard Estuary Skin and currently testing Zattoo PVR Client)

Hoping to see as an enhancement, ability to step forwards and backwards through available days of epg guide provided by backend. i.e. By selecting current presented day/date in Guide and then being offered available days/dates to directly switch to (ideally at similar channel/time point as being presented in guide)
and/or with horizontal search bar provided in Guide to move more rapidly forwards and backwards through Guide by time <-> day <-> date.

Perhaps there is a way to step forwards and backwards already (quicker than programme <-> programme) that is not obvious.
Method via TV Remote, Keyboard, Mouse?

---edit---

Answering my own above question: within context menu there are "Find similar" (ref selected Programme) and additionally a very powerful "Navigate" option which when activated, includes at bottom of guide. (well see features below) Blush Blush Cool

Note: Pressing "N" on keyboard when within TV Guide directly accesses Navigation bar  Cool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Hidden gem in EPG for a selected live channels programme via context menu is "play programme" rather than "switch to channel" which starts selected live ongoing programme from beginning Cool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2020-10-11, 04:18)Klayer Wrote: Unfortunately I did not understand the PVR features from reading the feature list nor did I immediately "see" any changes by looking at the UI.

For context clearity, are you asking about the list in the wiki article for Kodi v19 (Matrix) changelog?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v19_(Matrix)_changelog

If so there are appear to be reference links for most if not all of those that you could try following.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 Explanation of new PVR Features0