Release TVDB (new) - Python TV Show Scraper
@Karellen

Thanks for your continued support. I finally found the time to use a Parsing NFO and it worked of course as promised.

Can I assume that missing IMDb ratings for some shows like Last week Tonight with John Oliver or Y: The Last Man are also due to the scraper being broken? IMDb ratings for other shows' episodes are usually scraped just fine.
(2021-11-03, 18:05)kekomat Wrote: Can I assume that missing IMDb ratings for some shows like Last week Tonight with John Oliver or Y: The Last Man are also due to the scraper being broken? IMDb ratings for other shows' episodes are usually scraped just fine.
I am not aware of any issues with IMDB ratings, but IMDB did change their ratings layout earlier this year which affected all the other scrapers, and I don't recall this scraper being updated for those changes. So, yes most likely broken.

FWIW, TVDB are still creating their new scrapers, which I performed some preliminary testing last week. Still a work in progress, but the new scraper should be out in the next month or so.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
That's good news - (surprising, too - occasionally I have been checking https://github.com/thetvdb/kodi and there's been no commits since we last spoke, so I thought it was stuck...!)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2021-11-04, 01:39)bossanova808 Wrote: That's good news - (surprising, too - occasionally I have been checking https://github.com/thetvdb/kodi and there's been no commits since we last spoke, so I thought it was stuck...!)

I moved source code into separate repos for better maintainability: https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.tvsh....v4.python and https://github.com/thetvdb/metadata.movi....v4.python. The scrapers are in working state but I'm still waiting for TheTVDB to make some changes in their API v.4 regarding fallback actor images.
Hi,

I like to use my own local art for posters and fanart, and wondered if there could be an option added to allow me to turn off bring back any artwork from the TVDB?

Thanks.
(2022-01-04, 19:28)robertlaing Wrote: I like to use my own local art for posters and fanart, and wondered if there could be an option added to allow me to turn off bring back any artwork from the TVDB?
Kodi prefers local artwork. If you have local artwork and Kodi is not seeing it, then you may have named it wrong.

Check your artwork is correctly named. See image... https://kodi.wiki/view/TV-Show_artwork
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

My local art is named correctly and is working fine, it's just I wanted to be able to have no scraped artwork at all.
So I wondered if there could be an option to choose not to scrape any artwork at all during scraping?
Which would mean that all I would have stored is my own local artwork and not lots of scraped artwork.

Kind regards,
Robert.
(2022-01-05, 15:50)robertlaing Wrote: My local art is named correctly and is working fine, it's just I wanted to be able to have no scraped artwork at all.
So I wondered if there could be an option to choose not to scrape any artwork at all during scraping?
Which would mean that all I would have stored is my own local artwork and not lots of scraped artwork.
No, there is no option to disable artwork completely. You can disable the fanart.tv option in the scraper settings, and that will reduce the scraped art to posters, fanart and landscape.
My Signature
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had another check in the TVDB (New) scraper, and there is no option at all to choose to disable scraping of any artwork at all.

I was wondering if an option could be added to choose to disable all artwork?

Kind regards,
Robert
(2022-01-06, 14:03)robertlaing Wrote: I was wondering if an option could be added to choose to disable all artwork?
No, I don't think so. This scraper will be marked as broken soon (I've been saying that for about a year now Confused ) and TVDB will be releasing their own scraper. We were told first week of January, which is today, but I don't think it will happen.

Anyway, there won't be any changes to this scraper. You will have to wait for TVDB to release the new scraper then ask TVDB to add that setting. But I highly doubt this will happen. Why don't you want artwork? I know you have your own local artwork, so why do you want this setting?
My Signature
I got an issue with the Series Kenan. Season 2 is all hosed up. I have the proper names for each episode file but when added to the library the episodes all all wrong.
Good Day

For some odd reason i am not getting nfo files created when i use this scrapper is this correct ? & if it is must i use my mananger like medusa to get the nfo files created or what software please.

Thanks
You have to do a library export (to individual files) before NFO (wiki) files are created.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-01-11, 16:54)flhthemi Wrote: I got an issue with the Series Kenan. Season 2 is all hosed up. I have the proper names for each episode file but when added to the library the episodes all all wrong.
Debug Log and link to the show. Thanks
My Signature
(2022-01-11, 20:27)DarrenHill Wrote: You have to do a library export (to individual files) before NFO (wiki) files are created.

Hi @DarrenHill 

So i scrap all the data then export to .nfo and then all sorted out ? So my Question then is if i have a media Manager like Medusa or Ember Media Manager can i not just use them for this ? 

Thanks

EDIT: Export ran and still there is no.NFO Files i have done it again now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB (new) - Python TV Show Scraper0