Live TV Addon Programming language
Hello everyone!
I'm new here and it is my very first question.

I wand to build own PVR Addon  for Kodi. 
At the Wiki see a good guide for Addons on Python. But at the github all the PVR addon, are written at C++. 

So my question is: 
 -Is the Python an appropriate language for creating the Live TV PVR Addons for Kodi? Or should i start with the C++? 

PS. Both languages are a quite new to me, i have some skills at Java for desktop and Node.js (and related to web)

Thank you for every answer and each tip/point me to right way in this, hard way (at least first steps) of Addon development!
Ok, i see now, that for PVR Addon, need to use the C++ and not the Python. 
Seems the only guide for PVR addons is a link below: 
https://alwinesch.github.io/group__cpp__...__pvr.html
(2020-10-12, 09:19)palii Wrote: Hello everyone!

At the Wiki see a good guide for Addons on Python. But at the github all the PVR addon, are written at C++. 

So my question is: 
 -Is the Python an appropriate language for creating the Live TV PVR Addons for Kodi? Or should i start with the C++? 

PS. Both languages are a quite new to me, i have some skills at Java for desktop and Node.js (and related to web)

Thank you for every answer and each tip/point me to right way in this, hard way (at least first steps) of Addon development!

Nice! What type of server do you want to connect to? What will the live/recorded TV source be?
(2020-10-13, 17:23)Plantje Wrote:
(2020-10-12, 09:19)palii Wrote: Hello everyone!

So my question is: 

Nice! What type of server do you want to connect to? What will the live/recorded TV source be?
Sat2ip device - Digital Devices Octopus net... There is a PVR, but without the Rec. functionality.
Isn't Tvheadend already able to work with the DD Octopus Net?
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
(2020-10-19, 19:54)M4tt0 Wrote: Isn't Tvheadend already able to work with the DD Octopus Net?

It is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Addon Programming language0