Broken Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies
(2020-10-27, 21:12)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 21:05)CaptainTivo Wrote: Can you point me to the thread that discussing this TMDB purge? 
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353489
Thanks.  It seems that they purged a ton of posters and either did not replace them or replaced them with lower quality so re-scraping does not seem like a good idea.
The thing is, I *have* all of the posters in my Thumbnails cache.  I just can't get at them in a useful way.  Apparently, the database is searched for a hash to the texture in the texture cache and if it is not found, then the cached URL is used, which, of course, points nowhere now.  I always thought that "backing up" by writing all the thumbnails into the source directories was just messy.  Now I am paying for that decision.  I am surprised that there was not more of an outcry when this happened as it really affects *everyone*.  

Apparently, this happened back in April.  I did not even notice it because all my thumbnails before that were cached and any I scraped after got the new textures from TMDB.  The problem occurred when I finally got around to updating from Krypton to Leia.  For some reason which I have yet to find, about 10% of my cached textures are not loaded when I select a movie.  Of course, the URL is bad so it can't update the cache.  I have to "Refresh" using the Info window.  This takes a long time (about 20 seconds) for each movie partly because it is manual and require a takes 5 keystrokes.  For some reason, once I select Yes, I want to refresh from the Internet, it takes about 10 seconds to respond.

So maybe I would be better off just re-scraping the entire movie collection (about 2000)?  Can I do this and still retain the watched, dates, times and other data?
Current Kodi: 20.2, Mariadb 10.2 running on Unraid server.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies - by CaptainTivo - 2020-10-31, 13:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 18.8.0 - Kodi fails to obtain images while scraping movies0