Too Much Empty Space
(2020-10-18, 04:38)Dypsis Wrote: I've done it.
Yay!

(2020-10-18, 04:38)Dypsis Wrote: I have tried scraping as suggested, but I don't have the "Query info for all artists" or "Query info for all albums" as explained in the Wiki here.
Yep. You have jumped ahead too far. The music library is different to the video library. You need to scan your music files first so the embedded tags are read. This is what creates the music library. Scraping is just a bit of cream on top....
https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

It's probably best you follow that guide in the right hand blue box.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:A little bit of info.
Microsoft has made some Credential Manager changes over the last few years which required users with a live Microsoft account to login with their Microsoft account details when accessing network shares.

This means that instead of using the traditional username and password to access network shares, you would use the Microsoft account email address and password.

Nirsoft Network Password Recovery has made it easy to sort this out if you are having issues. If you run the program and right click on a Credential and click "Save Selected Item", you can see the full details of your Credential in a text file. Older Windows 10 installations made prior to the changes will have LegacyGeneric beside the Item Name.

Back to Kodi and SMB shares. To make the share work, you need to use the legacy login username, which is the Credential filename or if you browse your C: drive.
(2020-10-18, 04:56)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-18, 04:38)Dypsis Wrote: I've done it.
Yay!
(2020-10-18, 04:38)Dypsis Wrote: I have tried scraping as suggested, but I don't have the "Query info for all artists" or "Query info for all albums" as explained in the Wiki here.
Yep. You have jumped ahead too far. The music library is different to the video library. You need to scan your music files first so the embedded tags are read. This is what creates the music library. Scraping is just a bit of cream on top....
https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_the_library

It's probably best you follow that guide in the right hand blue box.

I see that it is scanning something. I just noticed "Scanning" down the bottom on my Amber skin.

Maybe I should wait a while.
What's next?
It appears to have stopped scanning.
(2020-10-18, 05:32)Dypsis Wrote: It appears to have stopped scanning.
Can you now see all your music in the library? From the main menu, select Artists or Albums or Songs.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-18, 08:41)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-18, 05:32)Dypsis Wrote: It appears to have stopped scanning.
Can you now see all your music in the library? From the main menu, select Artists or Albums or Songs.

Hey, it's working. Music
I think it needed a restart.

If I add a new artist and/or album to my collection on my hard drive, what do I need to do to get it working like the current ones.
Do I have to scrape all the artists and albums again. It takes quite a while.
(2020-10-19, 00:40)Dypsis Wrote: If I add a new artist and/or album to my collection on my hard drive, what do I need to do to get it working like the current ones.
Do I have to scrape all the artists and albums again. It takes quite a while.
You can just run an Update Library from the left sideblade menu.
or
Go to Music>Files, find your new album, call up the context menu and choose Scan item to library.
My Signature
Great.

Can I have an "Album Artist" node?
The existing "Artist" node is not that useful to me.
Sure, but check setting 4.2 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Music

It might give you what you want.
My Signature
(2020-10-19, 01:15)Karellen Wrote: Sure, but check setting 4.2 here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Music

It might give you what you want.

I have that enabled already, Karellen.
I found an old thread with someone else asking the same question here.
But I don't really understand the solution, or if there was one.
(2016-12-03, 19:34)Smitty2k1 Wrote: Is it possible to view the music library sorted by "Album Artist" instead of "Artist"?
So you want that?

Maybe @black_eagle or @DaveBlake could help out. I am not that great with nodes.

I just tested the node in that link and it does not seem to work in v18.
My Signature
(2020-10-19, 01:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2016-12-03, 19:34)Smitty2k1 Wrote: Is it possible to view the music library sorted by "Album Artist" instead of "Artist"?
So you want that?

Maybe @black_eagle or @DaveBlake could help out. I am not that great with nodes.

Nice
(2020-10-19, 01:45)Smitty2k1 Wrote:
So you want that?

Nice
Hi Smitty.
You were the one who asked that question 4 years ago. I agree with you about "Artist" being annoying.
Did you ever manage to work it out?
So you want that?

I'll give it a try, Karellen.
How do I use the code to make the node?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too Much Empty Space0