v19 Help Installing NextPVR add-on into Kodi v19
I have been trying all day today to install the NextPVR add on in Kodi.  I have installed this nightly build of Kodi:

KodiSetup-20201015-f68475a8-master-x64.exe

I then went to GitHub and downloaded the following zip files:

pvr.nextpvr-7.1.1-Matrix.zip
pvr.nextpvr-7.1.0-Matrix.zip
pvr.nextpvr-7.0.2-Matrix.zip
pvr.nextpvr-7.0.0-Matrix.zip
pvr.nextpvr-6.2.1-Matrix.zip

In Kodi I went to ADD-ONS>Install from zip file and tried to install all of the above files working back from newest to oldest.  None worked.  I found this error in the log:

2020-10-18 21:41:10.250 T:15800   ERROR <general>: CAddonInfoBuilder::ADDON::CAddonInfoBuilder::Generate: Unable to load 'zip://C%3a%5cUsers%5cericl%5cDownloads%5cpvr.nextpvr-6.2.1-Matrix.zip/pvr.nextpvr-6.2.1-Matrix/addon.xml', Line 0
                                                   Failed to open file

I can see other people posting questions here that have it working in Matrix, but I just can't seem to figure out how to get this thing installed.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Github only has source code. On Windows you install via the the Addons->Install from repository->PVR clients  where you should find all the official clients including 7.1.1

Martin
(2020-10-19, 05:11)emveepee Wrote: Github only has source code. On Windows you install via the the Addons->Install from repository->PVR clients  where you should find all the official clients including 7.1.1

Martin

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  That was the first thing I tried.  I did it again, and paid closer attention to the error that I got and realized that the version of NextPVR I was running was outdated (even though I have auto-update checked in NextPVR).

I manually updated to the latest version of NextPVR, and all seems to be well.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Installing NextPVR add-on into Kodi v190