How to scrape only local private files
Hello,

i want to have a huge folder with 3000+ video files included in Kodi on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 as a network source from my PC. I tried this: https://github.com/chaosgrid/kodi-filenameScraper
But if i set the content for this folder to "Music Videos" and select the local scraper, it just skips every single file and is finished after 10 seconds and nothing is in my library. If i choose "Scan to library" on that folder, a popup is showing where i have to type in the correct "Movie" name of the first file and it shows just the filename and i press "OK" and the same popup shows again without scanning anything to library. Is there any other way to just add a directory or folder to the library in a quick way? Thanks for help.
(2020-10-19, 18:30)UberJaeger Wrote: I tried this: https://github.com/chaosgrid/kodi-filenameScraper
Why?

(2020-10-19, 18:30)UberJaeger Wrote: Is there any other way to just add a directory or folder to the library in a quick way?
That is a lot of movies in one source. I suggest you break it down into a few more sources. At least 3 sources

(2020-10-19, 18:30)UberJaeger Wrote: i want to have a huge folder with 3000+ video files included in Kodi on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 as a network source from my PC.
So you don't want to scrape them? Then there is no use adding them to the library as it achieves nothing. Just use Videos>Files to access your Source.

Or you can select "Add to favourites" from the context menu on the Source. Then you can access the list from Favourites on the main menu.

Any reason you do not want to scrape your movies?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-20, 03:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-19, 18:30)UberJaeger Wrote: I tried this: https://github.com/chaosgrid/kodi-filenameScraper
Why?

I thought it will just scan the filenames into the library so it loads quickly and does not always load for 10 seconds when i enter the folder via "Videos" -> "Network Folder"
There is no scraper for those files because that are all live music videos from tv shows and no movies.

(2020-10-19, 18:30)UberJaeger Wrote: Is there any other way to just add a directory or folder to the library in a quick way?
That is a lot of movies in one source. I suggest you break it down into a few more sources. At least 3 sources

These 

See answer above.
(2020-10-19, 18:30)UberJaeger Wrote: i want to have a huge folder with 3000+ video files included in Kodi on a Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 as a network source from my PC.
So you don't want to scrape them? Then there is no use adding them to the library as it achieves nothing. Just use Videos>Files to access your Source.

Or you can select "Add to favourites" from the context menu on the Source. Then you can access the list from Favourites on the main menu.

Any reason you do not want to scrape your movies?

[font]As i said in my first answer, i want to scrape them but simply just the filename and nothing else of information because i will not edit the information or create nfo-files for thousands of files. The loading of the folder takes about 10 seconds and this for every time i enter the folder and a video ends, that is totally annoying.[/font]
(2020-10-20, 03:49)UberJaeger Wrote: and does not always load for 10 seconds when i enter the folder via "Videos" -> "Network Folder"
That is most likely due to having so many videos in one source. Each time you enter that Source, Kodi has to read 3000 video files.

If you provide a Debug Log of you trying to scan the source, I might see what the problem is with the filename scraper.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-20, 04:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 03:49)UberJaeger Wrote: and does not always load for 10 seconds when i enter the folder via "Videos" -> "Network Folder"
That is most likely due to having so many videos in one source. Each time you enter that Source, Kodi has to read 3000 video files.

If you provide a Debug Log of you trying to scan the source, I might see what the problem is with the filename scraper.

Do you mean the pseudo filename scraper? It does not add something to the library, so it doesn't make sense to use it at all i thought? Someone in another forum said to me that i have to add the files to the library somehow with nfo-files or so, so that Kodi does not request always the full folder with all its files, but just the one video i started and have a list of just the filenames inside the library with just the filename as information. But i tried an automatic nfo-creator and it does only read latin characters in filenames and if there are other characters (korean, russian, japanese) it would just skip the whole file and not just the "wrong" characters. I used this: https://archive.codeplex.com/?p=popatopdad
To edit the nfo's manually is not possible because it would be thousands of edits. So if there is no other solution for that, i have to live with it i think.
I could not find an option to edit my previous post, so i have to write a new one.
I have now hosted my folder with a NFS-tool from https://www.hanewin.net/nfs-e.htm. This works very good and the files load very quickly finally. Just for info.
The solution with the software from hanewin.net does also not work properly because filenames with this character in it do not play: '
It's the same like in "I'm" or "Don't" so it is very often and i am not renaming it because it is clearly a problem from this software as KODI has not have any issues with those files with the SMB network share. So is there maybe an alternative software where i can host a NFS share (if possible, only freeware)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to scrape only local private files0