Lock Subtitle File
Lightbulb 
Hello, I need LOCK my subtitles which nobody can edit it 
no watermark on video just past carve customer name on subtitle 
I need to engrave customer names separately on the subtitle so that they are not shared
if this possible or is there a solution ?

Thank you for your advise
(2020-10-22, 10:13)Soubasa Wrote: I need LOCK my subtitles which nobody can edit it 
Well, start with making the files read-only, if others outside yourself have network access to your media files.
If it's standalone computer, don't let others use that computer. Simple as that.

(2020-10-22, 10:13)Soubasa Wrote: I need to engrave customer names separately on the subtitle so that they are not shared

Default SRT subtitle files are simple text files, you can edit them any way you want. Adding a name should be no problem.
If the subtitle(s) need to be on-screen all the time, just adjust the time setting in the subtitle file accordingly.

Or perhaps I'm not getting the full picture of what you are trying to accomplish. Adding customer names.. how, why?
(2020-10-22, 12:51)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-10-22, 10:13)Soubasa Wrote: I need LOCK my subtitles which nobody can edit it 
Well, start with making the files read-only, if others outside yourself have network access to your media files.
If it's standalone computer, don't let others use that computer. Simple as that.
(2020-10-22, 10:13)Soubasa Wrote: I need to engrave customer names separately on the subtitle so that they are not shared

Default SRT subtitle files are simple text files, you can edit them any way you want. Adding a name should be no problem.
If the subtitle(s) need to be on-screen all the time, just adjust the time setting in the subtitle file accordingly.

Or perhaps I'm not getting the full picture of what you are trying to accomplish. Adding customer names.. how, why?
Thanks for your time, Actually I and 16 others '' Customers , Friends '' Spent Money for Caption Tutorial video , And we all share in that , and we are far from each other
How can we make sure that no one gives these files to others ?
We can hardcode ''hardsub , past, attach'' the subtitle to the video
But that does not stop the spread '' Unauthorized publication ''
Can I save the subtitle in any format and put each person's name in it separately so that it is not published illegally?
Is there a solution to this problem? , Or any solution that helps me?
Thank you again for your time
What does this has to do with Kodi which is "just" a mediacenter/player ?
Moving the thread to the Off-topic forum section.
(2020-10-22, 21:16)Soubasa Wrote: How can we make sure that no one gives these files to others ?
As far as I can tell, you can't. The best option would be to hardcode the subtitles into the videos with some video tool, but keeping the video files within your group comes down to one thing: trust.

(2020-10-22, 21:16)Soubasa Wrote: Can I save the subtitle in any format and put each person's name in it separately so that it is not published illegally?
Not unless you encode them to pretty high degree. Encrypting files that need to be decrypted later can be cracked.
But then again, how much trouble do you want you yourself and 16 others to go through?
As "asavah" mentioned, this doesn't have a lot to do with Kodi support. Digital information is just zeros and ones, so even encryption can be compromised.

But in generosity, a possible solution (at least to make it a bit difficult) would be to use MKVmerge part of the MKVtoolsnix package Supplemental tools (wiki) ADD your subtitles, in the global tab in File/Segment title, this is where you place the user name (it's pops up briefly at the start of the video) mux all of this. This can be easily erased if you know where to look, but you need the software tools, and bit of knowledge.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock Subtitle File0