Why does Kodi Persistantly Pull Media Data From The Internet?
Hello,

I use Tiny Media Manager for all my media nfo and images.

Yet for over 2 years now I have seen an issue where I load all the data, confirm all my imagery, load the data into Kodi and scan it in with Use Local Information Only and when I browse the library I will find that Kodi is pulling images from the internet. It's obvious too, because the images will have Russian language titles on them.

Why is this happening, and how do I stop it.

TIA,

DigDig
(2020-10-23, 15:21)digdog Wrote: Hello,

I use Tiny Media Manager for all my media nfo and images.

Yet for over 2 years now I have seen an issue where I load all the data, confirm all my imagery, load the data into Kodi and scan it in with Use Local Information Only and when I browse the library I will find that Kodi is pulling images from the internet. It's obvious too, because the images will have Russian language titles on them.

Why is this happening, and how do I stop it.

TIA,

DigDig
I think maybe I have found the answer. I have changed the settings for the tmdb scraper under the add-on and unchecked everything. I've also blocked themoviedatabase.org in my firewall.

It's kind of ridiculous though, IMHO if I set the library to use local information only that should be a system wide setting that disables the scraper from ever using internet resources for art and info on those library items.

DigDog
I meant that I blocked themoviedb.org in my firewall.

Also why can't I edit my post on this forum?
(2020-10-23, 16:38)digdog Wrote: Also why can't I edit my post on this forum?

Because, as per your current forum user title, you are a new forum user, and certain anti-spam measures are active.
These measures will vanish over time.
(2020-10-23, 15:21)digdog Wrote: Yet for over 2 years now I have seen an issue where I load all the data, confirm all my imagery, load the data into Kodi and scan it in with Use Local Information Only and when I browse the library I will find that Kodi is pulling images from the internet. It's obvious too, because the images will have Russian language titles on them.
Then there is something wrong with your local images.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why does Kodi Persistantly Pull Media Data From The Internet?0