Playlist item name
Hello

I"m trying to read the "name" from a playlist (listitem) as displayed in the playlist. Not the title or episodename, sortname etc.
I've tested with JSON RPC and lot's of approaches via API but I cannot find a way to do that.

Is it possible? Am I missing something?

thanks
(2020-10-24, 10:24)quickmic Wrote: Hello

I"m trying to read the "name" from a playlist (listitem) as displayed in the playlist. Not the title or episodename, sortname etc.
I've tested with JSON RPC and lot's of approaches via API but I cannot find a way to do that.

Is it possible? Am I missing something?

thanks

If I understand your ask properly then you might want to look here.   The getLabel method might be what you are looking for.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks, but therefore I would need to load the (complete) playlistitem as a xbmc.listitem which seems also impossible.
Therefore I use JSON RPC at the moment and this does not accept a "label" query.

-> https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py..._list.html
There is no getItem or something similar.
(2020-10-24, 12:22)quickmic Wrote: Thanks, but therefore I would need to load the (complete) playlistitem as a xbmc.listitem which seems also impossible.
Therefore I use JSON RPC at the moment and this does not accept a "label" query.

-> https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py..._list.html
There is no getItem or something similar.

Listitems are individual items in your playlist and if the playlist is already displayed then they make up the individual elements of the displayed playlist.  You can access each listitem but without knowing how the playlist is being loaded I can't really suggest how you access a specific one.  getposition() would work if you are going after the currently positioned item.  A little more context here would help.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist item name0