Streaming Music Is Skipping / Stuttering / Brief Dropouts
Question 
I stream my music using Kodi on Android TV via an SMB share using Ethernet, and there is no no way it could possibly buffering as I can stream HD videos without a problem.
I get these frequent skips, stutters or brief dropouts when playing music.

I don't use Kodi for videos. Only music. So, I am thinking that it must be something to do with Kodi.

Is there a fix or workaround for it?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi @Karellen 

OK.
I have it.

For some reason, music only skipped twice in the short time I was debugging.
I took notice of the time.

I noticed on the screen when I was debugging that CPU-KODI was running at about 70-80%, but when I went to Player view, it spiked right up to 160-170%. Confused
Someone else set this Android box up for me, so I am sure there is stuff on it that I don't need or use. I really only want to be able to stream my music from my computer to my TV.
I am open to any advice. As I have previously said, I am very new to Android TV and Kodi. I have only been using it a couple of weeks.
Hi @Dypsis

Where did all those Banned Add-ons (wiki) come from? I am sure you did not have them before.

Lots of errors in your log, but you will need to clean out your system before we look at them. Everything in orange within the first 250 lines of the log needs to go. (from your setup, not just deleting the lines in the log)

Then provide another Debug Log which captures the stuttering and also remove the advancedsettings.xml file as those cache settings look too high, and may even be causing the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
How do I remove them?
I just had another look.

I will copy and past two for an example.

Are these two orange addons to remove? Does orange mean Banned?
script.exodusredux.artwork v1.0.2
script.exodusredux.metadata v1.0.2
Settings>Addons>My Addons,

Then go through the list of addons and repositories, open their information page and select Uninstall.
My Signature
(2020-10-25, 07:03)Dypsis Wrote: I just had another look.

I will copy and past two for an example.

Are these two addons to remove?
script.exodusredux.artwork v1.0.2
script.exodusredux.metadata v1.0.2
Yes, and there are more.
My Signature
So, orange means "Banned", does it?
(2020-10-25, 07:06)Dypsis Wrote: So, orange means "Banned", does it?
Yes. See- Banned Add-ons (wiki)

There are a number of reasons why they could be banned, the most common being
1. Known to mess up Kodi due to poorly written or malicious code
2. Copyright infringing content
My Signature
(2020-10-25, 07:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-25, 07:06)Dypsis Wrote: So, orange means "Banned", does it?
Yes. See- Banned Add-ons (wiki)

There are a number of reasons why they could be banned, the most common being
1. Known to mess up Kodi due to poorly written or malicious code
2. Copyright infringing content
OK. I'll get rid of them.
The other one I saw was to watch Greek TV. I rarely watch any TV, and certainly not Greek TV. Eek No
Maybe it will fix the problem.

By the way. Is it normal or unusual to see CPU-KODI running at 160 - 170% when in Player view?
(2020-10-25, 07:41)Dypsis Wrote: By the way. Is it normal or unusual to see CPU-KODI running at 160 - 170% when in Player view?
I can't see how that is normal, but I don't use Android, so don't know what the average workload is. I am surprised it hasn't caught fire yet Wink

Where are you seeing these cpu workloads?
My Signature
(2020-10-25, 07:43)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-25, 07:41)Dypsis Wrote: By the way. Is it normal or unusual to see CPU-KODI running at 160 - 170% when in Player view?
I can't see how that is normal, but I don't use Android, so don't know what the average workload is. I am surprised it hasn't caught fire yet Wink

Where are you seeing these cpu workloads?
Only when debugging was running. It has an overlay of it processing. I am not even sure what CPU-KODI is.
Here is a Kodi Forum thread with someone with their CPU-KODI at 370%. Image included. Check overlay at top of screen.
Ok, but let's keep this thread on track and not confuse the poor music aficionados with off-topic stuff. Your cpu question is better asked in Android forum.
My Signature
The reason I questioned the high CPU usage is that it could be a possible cause of audio jitter.

I have removed repository.thgiliwt, but I am still looking for the three exodusredux scripts.
They are not found in add-ons. I have been researching it, but haven't found them yet.
Something must run those scripts for them to be running as shown in the log. So maybe there is an overarching program controlling them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming Music Is Skipping / Stuttering / Brief Dropouts0