Incredible idea for Subtitles add-on, or nope?
Imagine an Kodi add-on that will seamlessly generate Subtitles based on Audio track from Movie, TV Show, documentary etc. and display it on screen.

On top of that, it could use Google translate to directly show translation as Subtitle.

Audio --> Generated Subtitle --> Translation to ALL Google Translate languages.

WHY the heck we would need such add-on?!!!
  • Newest Movies don't get Subtitles that fast. INSANE amount of Documentaries NEVER get Subtitles so such add-on would be very useful for Documentaries.
  • Newest Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries ALWAYS 1st get Subtitles on English, with such add-on you could load any Subtitle language (English recommended as it's only available at the beginning) and instantly translate it in real-time to any language during watching.

Automatic recognition and translating might not be very nice experience but it could be up to 60% accurate while instant translation from already created English.srt Subtitle track can be up to 99% accurate. English to any language would be best combination. Same as English Audio to English Subtitle to any language combination. For example, Russian Audio to English Subtitle could not be that good but still...

Kodi is used worldwide for long time already, it has thousands of add-on's and I am really surprised how such add-on is still not made. Sad

As far as I know there is already Google API for Audio recognition and auto translate to any language.

It can't be perfect add-on but at least something. Right?
Nice idea ... let’s do it.

Wayne
Good idea
We're looking forward to your PR(s).
I've always searched for that kind of thing.
I have a google addon for my movies on kodi.
But some movies don't have subtitles. 
I remember that google has something like live captions.
I hope someone can integrate the translation of google live translation to that.
@ymca
FYI: You are responding to a nearly 2-year-old thread.
Yes. Was looking for a solution. This is the only thing I found.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incredible idea for Subtitles add-on, or nope?0